Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Stereo and speaker replacement

Thanks
    All the wiring for the stereos is the same from Versas to Micras.

Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ptbo micra For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (12-27-2017)

Thanks
    Nice tutorial thanks!
    DBL

Thanks
    I am doing the same thing....pioneer apple carplay unit, MB quart speakers and soundstream subwoofer under the seat and their micro 4 channel amp in the spare tire area.

Thanks
    ptbo / Impulse
    im going to replace the micra S deck( no steering wheel controls) IDEALLY you would have the pinouts for the nissan Harness or pictures. SPECIFICALLY
    are all the pins used in the nissan harness ?
    is there a reverse trigger wire? (for camera)

I know generally this info is available for speaker output/illumination/power/ but i am wondering about the reverse and also any other "newer" outputs.

Any info appreciated!

I am beginning to believe the illumination trigger may be a PWM control and hooking up any old headunits illumination trigger may not be good for the car

If anyone has hooked up the "illumination" wire from an aftermarket deck i would love to hear how it went, becuase i am NOT going to touch the 2 illumination + and - wires in the car harness
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 01-02-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoedhard View Post
    It's not a versa thing. Mine rattles in 15 oC temperatures or less and it not just the dash. You can even hear ice quakes from outside.

The radio should have a AUX/line in built in.

When I was getting my 2015 Micra SV I had the option to get the reverse camera / USB stereo for an extra 500 which I kind of regret not getting. The car is so small I leave enough room to park another micra behind mine

The 2016 Versa I drove had a stereo that played music via bluetooth and auto responded "Driver Busy" text msg's but I'm not quite sure they are the same.

I do know the 2015 Micra doesn't not do those functions on the USB stereos nor regular stereos
    Did you change the stereo of your Micra and now it rattles or it always did. My Micra has been doing well even in -20C so I am super scared that if I change the stereo it'll start rattling. I suspect the dash kit I put in my previous versa made things worse.

The 2016 didn't have the option to get the USB stereo and camera unless I took the sporty version that was way pricier. What an ordeal, I really dislike the stock stereo but so torn about causing problems by changing it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lbarouf View Post
    Gussy. Here's what I used.

Scosche NN04B for the power and speaker harness.
    Scosche NAA2B for the antenna.
    Note that you can get those from Metra as well as the (70-7552 and 40-NI12)

Behind your radio (Most probably a Clarion PP-3442C if it's the base model) you will have 3 connectors. The smallest besides the radio, if optional and will have steering wheel controls. That's not to be used with those harnesses above. You will need a steering wheel kit for that, separate.

Once the console removed:
    Attachment 1489

The cables/harnesses to use:
    Attachment 1490

Where they come from the radio:
    Attachment 1491

What you want/need:
    Attachment 1492

FYI, the Metra antenna adapter 40-NI12 mentioned isn't working on my micra 2016. It seems like my plug is different from the one you have. I'm really confused while trying to install it now. Crutchfield recommended that part for Versa Note 2016. Very annoying, why would they change it from one year to another.

Thanks
    could someone confirm pin 7 is ACC power (key switched) the knockoff jharness i got didnt have a pin 7 so i moved a wire over to pin 7 but now im nervous to connect to car...help ?

and i was planning on using 40-nI12 also....groan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carorules View Post
    FYI, the Metra antenna adapter 40-NI12 mentioned isn't working on my micra 2016. It seems like my plug is different from the one you have. I'm really confused while trying to install it now. Crutchfield recommended that part for Versa Note 2016. Very annoying, why would they change it from one year to another.
    Forget that post, I was just being an idiot and mistook the steering wheel control plus with the antenna plug. All work with the metra adapter 40-NI12. Phew!

Thanks
    You connected the blue wire to acc 12 v postive.......right?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    Feb 2015 build

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Do they now make a two din bezel?