Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Stereo and speaker replacement

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Stereo and speaker replacement

Hello all;

I am new to the forum, just picked up my base Micra this September. As a music fan I will be replacing the stock stereo and speakers. I have found a nice replacement set of speakers with adaptor rings and wiring harness adaptor by Pioneer from incaremporium.com in Britain. My local Nissan dealership technician also brought me into the shop and showed me on his computer screen how to remove door panels and replace the speakers as they no longer have printed shop manuals. I have been unable to locate any information on removing the stereo. Am not sure if I can impose on the technician to help me with this. Has anyone replaced their stereo or know where I can find this information?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Not sure if the below Youtube video will be helpful, but it may work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ustauk For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-15-2014)

Thanks
    Which speakers did you get from Incaremporium?

Thanks

Thanks for the video

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Not sure if the below Youtube video will be helpful, but it may work.
    While the dash is different it does give me a hint as to how to remove the headunit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MicraK13NL View Post
    Which speakers did you get from Incaremporium?
    I picked up the Pioneer speakers model TS-G1722i, they have more powerful speakers but on there recommendation and my own research these have the best overall sound and frequency response.

Thanks
    Wondering if anyone has done this yet and had any difficulty attaching Nissan mic/steering wheel controls to an aftermarket head unit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.2 mpg (Imp) ... 15.3 km/L ... 36.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Nichol;
    I have replaced the head unit and there were no issues, however I have the base model of the Micra so no steering wheel controls at all. I did get a wiring harness adaptor from Future Shop which attached to the wiring harness from the Micra and it had connections for all possible electronics and it should work for your steering wheel controls. As for the mic , I am not sure as my new head unit came with its own mic

Thanks
    So you ended up getting this done at futureshop? What head unit did you chose and what was the difference? I tried to see if there were any kit to fit regular double DIN with the curved console.
    If you can share pics, that would be great.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Micra Stereo

I didn't have FutureShop do the work, only purchased the wiring harness from them. There actually isn't a harness for the 2015 Micra what I had to do was pull the head unit (using the youtube video noted earlier) and get the model number from the back (I believe it was a Blaupunkt), after a quick search on the internet I found that Nissan used the same head unit in the Nissan Sentra so the wiring harness is for the Sentra but as the radio is them same the harness fit and worked. The head unit I bought is the JVC KW-R910 BT as you can see from the picture there are gaps on either side of the head unit, in November when I did this there was no dash kit available perhaps there is now. As you can also see from the picture the gap worked in my favor as a place to route the data cable from my ScanGuage II which I use for engine temp and battery volt gauges which the Micra does not come with.

It may be better to go to a car audio shop if you don't feel comfortable doing the work yourself.Name:  MicraRadio.jpg
Views: 13644
Size:  84.6 KB

Thanks
    Seems to exist, although is from the UK

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.2 mpg (Imp) ... 15.3 km/L ... 36.0 mpg (US) ...