Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Floor Mats

Thanks
    yes
    I bought the car July 2014, it came with the mica winter mats
    they are ok but do nothing to protect the carpet where it runs up the sides
    I bought the weathertech mats as soon as they were available for the micra

Thanks
    Too expensive, i cannot afford it. To be honest, i like the car, and willing to keep it for more than 10 years.

I find it funny, when i buy the Micra from the dealership, they try to sell you this and sell you that, and tell you that this will protect your car, and retain its values when i will be selling it in 10 years... BUT, when i drove my Yaris to the dealership for trade-in... This is exactly what happened:

Salesperson: What Brand, sub-brand, year, KM, automatic/manual, 4 doors?
    Me: Toyota, Yaris RS, 2007, 150k, auto, 4 doors

Salesperson: Ever had accident? airbag ever deployed?
    Me: Never, never

Salesperson: Any problem you have with the car?
    Me: Nothing, always maintained from dealership, i bought it used, it has started making some brake noises.

Salesperson: I am going to put the information on a website, where second-hand cars dealers will be bidding to it. and they will give you a price, then you decide. What is the price in your mind?
    Me: (I checked Autotrader before going to dealership, and i know it is selling for 5k), so i told the guy, I want 5k.

Salesperson comes back 15 minutes later, saying someone willing to pay 4k for it.. do i accept
    Me: no. they can do better. (never accept the first price they give you, they want your car, and they want to sell you their car)

Salesperson comes back 5 minutes later, offering 200 more..
    Me: Ok, i take it. (because i will pay less tax after the 4.2k deduction, which adds up to 5k).

The whole procedure, not 1 question on the rust, not 1 question on the scratches, nothing on the color .. didn't even ask if i changed anything under the hood.. I never had winter mats for this car... I probably washed it once a year... there were probably mushrooms growing in the trunk.... I used to smoke all kind of things in the car... it still smell pretty bad when i traded in... i mean, I would not pay 5k for this old car myself... lol..

He just took the key and drove around the parking for 10-15 minutes.. Now.. maybe because I am a newbie, the guy might have already investigated everything within that 15 minutes... but i was absolutely surprised how easy it was ... i could have lied about the brakes, he could have came back with a better price..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    Too expensive, i cannot afford it. To be honest, i like the car, and willing to keep it for more than 10 years.

I find it funny, when i buy the Micra from the dealership, they try to sell you this and sell you that, and tell you that this will protect your car, and retain its values when i will be selling it in 10 years... BUT, when i drove my Yaris to the dealership for trade-in... This is exactly what happened:

Salesperson: What Brand, sub-brand, year, KM, automatic/manual, 4 doors?
    Me: Toyota, Yaris RS, 2007, 150k, auto, 4 doors

Salesperson: Ever had accident? airbag ever deployed?
    Me: Never, never

Salesperson: Any problem you have with the car?
    Me: Nothing, always maintained from dealership, i bought it used, it has started making some brake noises.

Salesperson: I am going to put the information on a website, where second-hand cars dealers will be bidding to it. and they will give you a price, then you decide. What is the price in your mind?
    Me: (I checked Autotrader before going to dealership, and i know it is selling for 5k), so i told the guy, I want 5k.

Salesperson comes back 15 minutes later, saying someone willing to pay 4k for it.. do i accept
    Me: no. they can do better. (never accept the first price they give you, they want your car, and they want to sell you their car)

Salesperson comes back 5 minutes later, offering 200 more..
    Me: Ok, i take it. (because i will pay less tax after the 4.2k deduction, which adds up to 5k).

The whole procedure, not 1 question on the rust, not 1 question on the scratches, nothing on the color .. didn't even ask if i changed anything under the hood.. I never had winter mats for this car... I probably washed it once a year... there were probably mushrooms growing in the trunk.... I used to smoke all kind of things in the car... it still smell pretty bad when i traded in... i mean, I would not pay 5k for this old car myself... lol..

He just took the key and drove around the parking for 10-15 minutes.. Now.. maybe because I am a newbie, the guy might have already investigated everything within that 15 minutes... but i was absolutely surprised how easy it was ... i could have lied about the brakes, he could have came back with a better price..
    Sales knows absolutely nothing about the cars. Whether your brakes were making noise has almost no effect on your trade in price. Accidents over 2000 dollars will effect value. Your trade in is a visual inspection. Usually most of these purchases need anywhere from 500 to 2000 dollars worth of work. As far as the winter mats. They are very important. The carpet in your car is one of the hardest things to replace that is not mechanical. Expensive as well. No damage to interior goes a long way.
    SMUTT155

Thanks
    if you can find weather tech mats for 200 front and back don't hesitate, just buy.
    SMUTT155

Thanks
    I just received my front mats from weathertech, loving how well they fit and all the areas they cover. I only purchased the liners for the front, not the back seat(I might order them in the future). I also got the trunk liner, ill post a photo laterName:  IMG_0870.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  97.5 KB Name:  IMG_0871.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  100.2 KB Name:  IMG_0873.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  94.0 KB

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chef Groleau For This Useful Post:

bb2 (02-13-2017),LilGeckos (02-13-2017),MetroMPG (02-13-2017),MightyMicra (02-13-2017)

Thanks
    They fit so well, it reminds me of the vinyl floors in old pickup trucks & vans (no carpeting).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I have the factory mats installed & can't believe how nice they fit & how much water/dirt & salt they collect.
    Without them my floor carpets would be a soggy mess.
    These mats have a locating hole on the driver's side that fit over a pin on the floor that stop the mat from
    creeping towards the gas & brake pedals, like many after-market mats are prone to do.
    I have had the gas pedal get stuck to the floor more than once because of sliding mats on other cars & its scary!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    I've just ordered the WeatherTech mats after seeing the damage done after two winters and the poor quality of the carpet. I got the car in November and I've been using generic CT mats, but clearly they're not protecting enough. Does anyone have any tips on cleaning our carpets? I'm hesitant to use a foaming cleanser because I'm afraid it might cause fading.

Thanks
    You mean for getting salt out?

Salt is 100% water soluble. I just use a shop vac, water, a scrub brush, elbow grease & persistence.

Best to wait to do it when it's warm outside so things will dry with the doors or windows open. Either that or use heaters.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

bb2 (02-20-2017)