Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Nissan Micra on sale date / launch / dealer availability: April 2014

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    just as a gauge for those who are wondering when the micra will come out, the versa note came out in late may to early june of 2013 and was sold as as 2014 model

Thanks
    Hopefully they'll have plenty of manual tranny cars available. When I checked out the Mirage a few weeks ago (just to see what it was like, no plans for getting a new car) it seemed like the dealer ordered way more CVTs than manuals. Might be different in Canada, though.

Thanks
    Did you drive the Mirage?

The manual transmission will be in the minority for sure. Somewhere around 6.5% of new cars sold in the U.S. are manuals (2012 numbers).

I suspect more entry level cars will be manuals than the fleet average though, partly because the price of getting the automatic represents a much bigger portion of the total vehicle cost. When you're saving up your pennies to buy a $10k car, another $1k is a bigger deal than adding auto to a $20k vehicle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Did you drive the Mirage?
    Nope, all the ones they had on the lot were CVTs. They did have a manual that had just arrived, but it hadn't been prepped yet. I would prefer to try a manual to see how it compares to my Insight. Unless the Micra comes to the US, the Mirage is one of the top contestants for being my "new" used car in a few years if anything happens to the Insight or I need something bigger. It seemed like a decent enough car from sitting in it. I drove by the Mitsubishi dealer last night and they had a lot more on the lot, maybe I'll stop by this week and see if they have a manual I can take for a spin.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I saw a tweet that suggests Nissan is now on tour showing the Micra to dealerships:
    Some confirmation from another forum that the Micra was indeed on tour to dealerships last week:

I phoned Eriksen Nissan [Edmonton, Alberta] to see when the Micra will be coming in. They didn't know, but just last week they got a copy for two hours to familiarize themselves with the vehicle. [...] They drove around mostly downtown, as the car needed to be handed to the other dealerships.
    source: http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...8&postcount=25

And another tweet from an Ontario dealer:

Oakville Nissan Ltd.
    Wow! The all new Nissan Micra came by for a visit! What a beauty and all as low as $9998!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Nice find. Its right around the corner!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
    I was talking to the owners of the Nissan dealership closest to where I live, and they told me that it will be out in Quebec mid April, and they expect to have it here in Ontario a month afterwards.
    Nissan reps confirmed this at the Ottawa auto show yesterday. However they also said that Ottawa would be treated as part of Quebec for the roll-out. Maybe your dealer can do a trade...

The Micra on display at the Ottawa auto show (unfortunately a top spec automatic) will be residing in the showroom at Hunt Club Nissan following this weekend's show.

Thanks
    April 1st?

April Fools !!!

Thanks
    Here is one vote for 'late april'.

Nissan unveils every version of the 2015 Micra

We will have to wait until the launch of the model in late April to find out...

Thanks
    Hope my Grand Am GT holds out...

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...