Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Nissan Micra on sale date / launch / dealer availability: April 2014

Thanks
    Well, traditionally they release "next year's" model each September. So with an April launch, they've already missed over half a year's worth of sales. So it does make sense to call it a 2015.

Especially if it won't be in "full release" until the summer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I feel like it should be a '14-1/2. Like the first Mustang!

I really hate how early the next MYs are starting to come out. Honestly, I understand having it ready for Black Friday and Christmas season, but much more than a few weeks before Thanksgiving is just ridiculous.

Thanks
    The sooner the better for Nissan, and I bet thats how they see it. The Versa sedan isn't selling well, and the Micra is here to save the day (and increase profits)!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Well, traditionally they release "next year's" model each September. So with an April launch, they've already missed over half a year's worth of sales. So it does make sense to call it a 2015.

Especially if it won't be in "full release" until the summer.
    I'm not sure I understand this logic, if it is a 2015, then releasing in September is correct. but releasing it April of 2014 is 8 month away from 2015. So I dont see how they would be losing over a half a years worth of sales, I would understand this logic if there were selling them as 2014's. help me understand this better?

Thanks
    I would understand this logic if there were selling them as 2014's.
    That's what I meant -- if sold as 2014's they'd be short-changing themselves by half of a "traditional" Sept-to-Sept sales year.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I was talking to the owners of the Nissan dealership closest to where I live, and they told me that it will be out in Quebec mid April, and they expect to have it here in Ontario a month afterwards.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoreMogilny For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-10-2014),MetroMPG (03-09-2014)

Thanks
    Thanks for that update.

I'm not surprised -- Quebec is known as a bigger small car market (so to speak) than Ontario. The Mitsubishi Mirage was also unveiled in Quebec, and both Nissan and Mitsu said they expected that province to be their biggest for sales.

Looking at our visitor log, we are definitely seeing a lot of hits from la belle province. Interest is building for sure.

Thanks
    Question: What can we expect as far as dealer availability off the bat? I never thought to ask the question when I was speaking with the dealers, but generally for a new car launch, is there widespread availability? Assuming a mid May launch, and I was to want to purchase one right away, would that be a possibility? Or typically would it be a few weeks/months for ordered shipments to arrive from where they're being manufactured?

Thanks
    I think the dealer would know more, but as an example...

When the Mirage was rolled out in the U.S. late last year, it took 3 months for "full availability", according to the company. I believe that meant some dealers didn't get cars at all initially. And there may have been limited selection at the dealerships that did get cars.

I'm not sure what the case will be for Nissan.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

MoreMogilny (03-09-2014)

Thanks
    I saw a tweet that suggests Nissan is now on tour showing the Micra to dealerships:

Pre-launch all new 2015 #nissan #micra! Bigger than you think! #bigseller #bigman @eliteginger783 @tim_nadeau pic.twitter.com/G8XpurloDl
    The pic is of three not-small guys laughing while trying to jam themselves into the back seat.