Thread: Nissan Micra review: 1.6L automatic 4AT, from a former BMW owner

Thanks

Nissan Micra review: 1.6L automatic 4AT, from a former BMW owner

Name:  micramarch.jpg
Views: 1458
Size:  30.6 KB

This review of the current generation 1.6L Micra comes from Mexico, where the biggest difference is the name: In Mexico, it's known as the Nissan "March".

OK, there are also differences in safety equipment -- see below.

Owner "Jolgamazatlan" shares his thoughts/experiences...

Last September I purchased a new 2013 Nissan March in Mexico. As you know this is virtually the same car as the Micra which you are discussing. The only major difference being that it is only available here with 2 airbags …. but that’s an off-topic discussion, so I’ll go on with a bit of owner experience regarding this little gem.

This is definitely not an el cheapo penalty box with a punishing ride. Coming off a 7-year experience with a [manual transmission] BMW 323i, this little 4-speed auto compares favourably in many departments, exceeds in some and is at a disadvantage in only a couple.

Interior: the interior is not an opulent one to be sure, but it is comfortable and well-organized.

Ergonomics: All the controls fall to hand and you get the impression that they spent some time and effort to make sure that you never have to fight with the interface to get it to do what you want when you want it.

Comfort: My wife often had a sore back with our BMW because the seat had her sitting too low and stretched her back. She really enjoys the firm, yet comfy cushions and there is no more back fatigue nor pain.

Automatic transmission: I have always been a manual transmission devotee, however, I decided to listen to my better half’s complaints about my jerky clutch driving and spring for the 4-speed auto. I was sure that I would live to regret it, but lo and behold … a revelation!! This humble 4-speed tranny's shifts are quick and positive. The engine is kept in its power-band and there is no hunting for the right gear.

Engine: this light car has the same motor as the much heavier Versa so in this application it has a lot of spunk due to the much better power-to-weight ratio.

Summary: I could go on and on extolling the virtues of our March… but you get the idea. If anyone is looking for a great little gas sipper, that doesn’t break, is dirt-cheap to maintain, is big on the inside and looks so cute you’ll want to give a pet name, then try out a March/Micra. For some of you it just might surprise and delight enough that you will be smitten.
    From the reader comments below this article: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...cra-in-detail/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I searched the forum for "gear ratio" and found only this entry... do we know the gearing yet?

Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Name:  micramarch.jpg
Views: 1458
Size:  30.6 KB

This review of the current generation 1.6L Micra comes from Mexico, where the biggest difference is the name: In Mexico, it's known as the Nissan "March".
    Ah, I got so stumped at the login question, Nissan MARCH! You should make that question way easier, haha

5. The Following User Says Thank You to qmass For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Whoops!

OK, I'll change it to make it a little more obvious. Don't want to be turning people away. Just want to keep out the bots.

Thanks
    not sure about his comment aimed towards the Note being MUCH heavier as in similar configurations the Note and the Micra are barely over 100lbs. off from each other....besides that, they both share the same chassis. still a shame that Nissan decided not to sell the Micra here though

Thanks
    Possibly the Mexican spec cars are further apart than they are here.

EG: the Mexican Micra (March) starts at 957.9 kg (2112 lbs) vs. 1044 (2302) for the Canadian one (manual trans).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Possibly the Mexican spec cars are further apart than they are here.

EG: the Mexican Micra (March) starts at 957.9 kg (2112 lbs) vs. 1044 (2302) for the Canadian one (manual trans).
    ah, good old Canadian and US safety standards i bet we have to thank for that