Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member from the province of Québec - Micra S 5MT review

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New member from the province of Québec - Micra S 5MT review

Hi there!

Don't own a Micra but a Nissan Cube 2009. Went to test drive the K13 Micra yesterday, was surprise for the price. Don't know if I would buy one, but would gladly share my experience with my test drive.

cheers.

Thanks
    Welcome to the site d3stro. We'd like to hear your thoughts on the car.

Thanks
    Salut, d3stro! Yes, feel free to share your impressions.

I like the Cube -- there are two in my town. The funniest thing I read about the Cube is there are no 90 degree sharp corners in the styling. Despite the name, it's actually very rounded on the corners. I never noticed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    D3stro from MR!! HI buddy.

Thanks
    Ha! Je pense que j'ai vue ton revue Micra sur MR, d3stro. But please re-post here if you like.

(I noticed some traffic this week coming from MR in our logs and followed the link - found some spirited conversation about the Micra, and some familiar names.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

MasterFocus (08-28-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ha! Je pense que j'ai vue ton revue Micra sur MR, d3stro. But please re-post here if you like.

(I noticed some traffic this week coming from MR in our logs and followed the link - found some spirited conversation about the Micra, and some familiar names.)
    Yeah I've posted on that thread.

So here's the copy/paste I've made for a cube forum in english of course. French review in bolt from MR below.

So I'm kind of bored theses days since I can't work because of a injury and I had nothing to do so I went to try the Nissan Micra 2015. Available to Canada, Nissan decided to introduce the Micra to replace the Versa sedan which sells were bad and let be honest, it's ugly. Maybe it will hit the US soils one day if their is demand for that size of car.

So Nissan try to hit hard here. Entry price of 9998$ CAN for the base model. And by base model, it's truly base. You can only get the A/C if you choose it with the 4AT transmission, yes, 4AT :S. No option available if you pick the S with the 5MT.

The SV model come standard with A/C,cruise control,door lock,power windows,heated mirrors,bluetooth,audio control on steering wheel. The package is good, and the seats got a little design on it better than the S.

So I drove a S with the 5MT since I couldn't get the hand on a 5MT SV, here's my opinion on it.

The HR16DE engine with it's 109hp do the job. Good power considering the weight (1044kg).Nothing to complain. It is truly agile because of it's low weight and short wheel base smaller than the cube, it turn on a dime truly. Parallel parking must be a charm with it, which I didn't try. The turning radius is 4.6 meters for the Micra and to give you a idea how short that is, the cube got one of 10.2 meters.

The engine get noisy if you get more than 65 mph and it rev high too, higher than the cube, I was waiting for a longer 5th speed to insure great mpg on the highway.

Visibility and clearing death angle is a great plus on the Micra, you can't miss a blind spot. Suspension is firm, which got me surprise, I was waiting for something more soft. Acceleration is ok considering what the car was made for and it's daily use.

For the interior, you sit in a 9998$ car. Don't expect more. It's correct considering the price and considering that some more expensive cars on the market got some ''cheap'' interior for their prices, the Micra offer a interior for its price. A cheaper interior than the cube I can say. Seats are firm, I doubt you can be confortable for a 300 miles run, I can say that my back would hurt if would drive for that long. Room in the car is good considering the size of it and the trunk too. A person of 6feet tall can easily take place in the back and the front without having the head touching the ceiling. The S model seats are all black and plain, while the SV and SR look way better and they got garnish on the doors that match the seats.

Overall, for a car of this price, it's a good car which won't let you disapointed. I would avoid the S model since it's too basic and offer no ''luxury'' at all. For someone who drive more in cities than highways the Micra is a good choice, you can't go wrong. It's a car to try and to think of if you look for something small and cheap on the price, it truly deserve to be looked for.

For the package and price the Micra won't give you any bad surprises or deceptions considering what you pay for it and I can't see someone complaint about it too for the reasons I've gave. Each things got its price and the Micra give it well.

N'ayant pas de modele comme je voulais, une SV avec boite manuelle, j'ai du essayer une S manuelle. Position de conduite correct, la course entre les vitesses est longue. L'intérieur est de son prix mais c'est correct. Le dossier du banc a un bon support et il est ferme, mais un peu moins confortable pour les fesses par contre qui n'a aucun support pour sur les cotés.Je me vois mal faire une ride de 500km, sérieusement, j'aurais mal au bas du dos je crois. L'espace est bien considérant la grosseur du véhicule, et la valise correct aussi. L'intérieur d'une S par rapport a celui d'une SV fait vraiment dénudés, bancs tout noir, pas de garnitures de tissus aux portes. L'intérieur d'une SV est vraiment plus beau a l'oeil.

La voiture est relativement agile dû a son poids. Le HR16DE de 109hp fait amplement la job, bien adapté pour le poids de la micra, ce que j'ai trouvé. Ca tourne vraiment sur un 10 cent, stationné ca en parallèle doit etre un charme, ce dont je n'ai pas testé. La suspension est ferme je m'attendait a que ca soit un plus mou que ca. Sur l'autoroute, en 5ieme ca vire haut pas mal je trouve, vitres fermés, a 110km/h le moteur devient bruyant, mais tu redescends a 105 km/h il est plus doux aux oreilles. Vision et angle mort, rien a dire, c'est bien de ce coté. Elle se faufille bien dans le traffic. Les accélérations sont corrects pour la vocation de la voiture.

Et comme certains on mentionné, le prix... Une S avec un taux d'intéret de 5.99% c'est ridicule, alors que la SV, son taux est de 1.99%. Défénitivement, ils veulent plus faire vendre une SV ou SR que celle de base.

Pour son prix, son équipement dans la SV (A/C, cruise control, door lock et vitre électrique, mirroirs chauffants, blutooth avec commande volant ainsi que l'audio de la radio), ca reste une bonne voiture pour quelqu'un qui fait peut etre plus de ville que d'autoroute. C'est une bonne petite voiture qui vaut la peine d'etre essayer ou meme a considérer, surtout SV, en modele S sérieusement je preferes y mettre le plus de $ pour aller chercher un supplément de luxe.

Un truc que je n'ai peut-etre pas mentionné de mon essaie routier est pour l'intérieur. Les matériaux (portes,dash) les plastiques sont durs. Le tableau de bord est tres simplette voir minimaliste. Mais autrement, ca fait voiture pour cette gamme de prix, et c'est correct contrairement a certaines voitures a des prix plus élevés avec des finitions et matériaux douteux, au moins dans la Micra c'est respectable et faut s'y attendre aussi. La SV et SR ont de garnison de tissu sur les portes qui match le motif du banc, pas dans la S.

Bref, pour conclure, pour son prix, c'est pas une voiture sans trop de mauvaise surprise et de déception général, je vois mal comment quelqu'un qui s'en paye une pourrait venir se plaindre. Chaque chose a son prix et la Micra le rend bien.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to d3stro For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-29-2014)

Thanks
    After that review on MR, the mentality change a little about the Micra, since it wasnt made by the OP.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterFocus View Post
    After that review on MR, the mentality change a little about the Micra, since it wasnt made by the OP.
    Agree. Why bash on a product which is offered at low price and that you didn't try. Not everyone make 100 000$/year and can afford a sedan/vus at 35 000$ and with monthly payment that come with it.

The Micra is made for those, students, people with small income which want a brand new car, and I believe Nissan got it on the mark.

Thanks
    d3stro - thanks for the review!

Are you considering getting one (some day), or were you just curious about it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by d3stro View Post
    The turning radius is 4.6 meters for the Micra and to give you a idea how short that is, the cube got one of 10.2 meters.
    I hope 10.2 is the diameter of the Cube's turn, not the radius!

Suspension is firm, which got me surprise, I was waiting for something more soft.
    Pleasant surprise to me too. I with Mitsubishi had copied the Micra's twin stabilizer bar suspension set-up. While the Mirage rides extremely smoothly for a little car, it's nowhere near as fun to go through the corners as the Micra. (Though most buyers probably don't care about this.)

I was waiting for a longer 5th speed to insure great mpg on the highway.
    Yup. It revs too high in 5th.