Thread: A/C automatically turns on with fan

Thanks

A/C automatically turns on with fan

Has anyone with A/C-equipped models noticed that the air con comes on automatically when the fan switch is turned to any of the on positions? I've turned it off on multiple occasions but it doesn't "remember" the setting. Kind of annoying.

First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    Yes, I know it happens when you turn the fan to windshield. My Toyota Venza does this too. Very annoying, when you are trying to de-fog or de-ice. In fact, I never saw any reason why one would want ac directed at the windshield.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra SR manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    It does it when you have the airflow on the defog/windshield setting because the AC is also a dehumidifier and helps get moisture out of the cabin faster. If you search or look in the mods/customizations list, I'm pretty sure there's a workaround if it bugs you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I never believed that. Defog works much quicker when you blast heat on the window. In homes that is true, but in automobiles, not so much.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra SR manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I've heard about the de-humidifying effect, and I'm not disputing its efficacy. It's just irritating when the car makes the decision for you. Kind of like the seat belt warning beep, only this isn't really a life-or-death feature (I guess it is if you can't see out the windshield, but I got along just fine in other models defogging with the A/C).
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    Only when it's turned to defrost but yeah it's annoying.... but the good part is if your compressor is turned on a few times during the winter it will prevent it from seizing up during the ten months that we don't need it every year.