Thread: Wanting to Buy a Micra

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Wanting to Buy a Micra

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I was hoping to buy a new micra soon, and wanted input on how to go about this as this will be the first time I ever purchase a vehicle from a dealership

some background info: Previously I was living in the Middle east, and rented a Micra in my last 4 months there. The model I had came with a 1.5L engine, same body style but the headlights on the Canadian model are much nicer. That micro though was loaded with features such as headlight beam level adjustment, power folding mirrors with auto fold feature, automatic headlights, front and rear fog lights, PUSHBUTTON START and Keyless FOB plus everything the SR has. I really liked that micra, especially the air conditioning when during the day it was 45C, the A/C had no problem at all in cooling the cabin very quickly.

Now am back in my native Edmonton, and I need someone to walk me through the steps of financing a vehicle.

First I researched the Nissan dealers around Edmonton. All the reviews were very negative. People had a lot of problems with the service departments. All the reviews complained of being deceived or lied to, and ripped off. Now the whole reason why I am purchasing the micra, is affordable and dependable transportation that is worry free for 5 years. If I am going to get jipped at Nissan, then why bother, so please do share your experiences.

I really want to order a micra fresh, not one that has been sitting at a dealer for a while. Also some reviews online said that upon receiving the vehicle they found mud, half eaten sandwhiches and beer bottles at VARIOUS Edmonton Nissan Dealers!, therefore I don't want a test drive model with grubby finger prints all over.

How long will it take to arrive if I factory order a micra, ie what are your experiences?

Also if anyone has dealt with any Nissan dealer in Edmonton, to share their experience, that would be great.

PS. If anyone has a question on the Micra I drove back in the middle east, please do ask

Last edited by the6ee6; 08-20-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Thanks
    I cannot speak for everyone, but for me it is day 50 according to the contract ( i paid on the 21st of june ). I have yet to even receive notice of reaching WIP, and still no VIN. However that is just my luck lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketRocket View Post
    I cannot speak for everyone, but for me it is day 50 according to the contract ( i paid on the 21st of june ). I have yet to even receive notice of reaching WIP, and still no VIN. However that is just my luck lol.
    Aw that sucks! I also noticed that there is only like one or 2 micras at each dealer, I think not more than 10 total in the city!

Thanks
    BTW that previous micra that I had was being sold for $15400 off the lot price overthere with all those features, since there is no tax there and no "destination" fees etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the6ee6 View Post
    was loaded with features such as headlight beam level adjustment, power folding mirrors with auto fold feature, automatic headlights, front and rear fog lights, PUSHBUTTON START and Keyless FOB plus everything the SR has.
    It's interesting how other countries can view subcompact cars as "premium" and load them with premium features. In North America, we still see subcompact = cheap. And Nissan's $9998 approach certainly doesn't challenge that perception!

I really want to order a micra fresh, not one that has been sitting at a dealer for a while.
    Based on what I've been reading in the forum, you might be better off buying one that you can find on a dealer's lot, if it meets your needs (trim & options). Nissan has been testing some people's patience with the wait time for special orders. So maybe you have to chuck out a french fry or a wrapper -- gross, but ultimately much less inconvenient.

Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks MetroMPG!

I checked around the local dealers and their supply is very limited with poor colour choices (either all are red with a few black) I am looking into the dark grey or Caspian blue SV automatic (I don't know how to drive stick). I will wait maybe until the end of September to see what options are available.