Thread: All Hail The Super Mini (ordered a manual SV)

Thanks

All Hail The Super Mini (ordered a manual SV)

Hi Everyone,
    Let's start off by the car... White SV (No Conveniece) MANUAL!!!
    Now for the the story... This will be my first new car and i had no idea that choosing manual would have caused such a ruckus. Upon credit approval i was told i'd have a VIN# within 2 days. After discovering this site and finding the reality that is buying a micra, (I had originally wanted red) i decided to go back to the dealership after not hearing from them for 10 days!! They still weren't willing to tell me it could take 2-3 months for my car. After 20 min the manager walked in saying he found a white one at port destined for a dealership 600km away. As my car is rapidly deteriorating and won't last 2 months i agreed, and should have my car by the end of 2 weeks. YAY!
    BTW: there are at least 15 manual sr's in the montreal area according to autotrader.
    I'm looking forward to many years with this modern day classic
    Will Update with progress

Thanks
    Hi Johnskers -

Wow - yet another delay for a manual buyer? FYI, I poked Nissan again this morning to see if they have any info to share on the subject of demand for manual transmission Micras.

What is your "rapidly deteriorating" car? Sounds like the same situation AlphaMicra was in with his ailing Pontiac Grand Am before his Micra SV 5-speed arrived.

And... welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Johnskers (08-18-2014)

Thanks
    It's a 2003 Civic Lx 4Dr Automatic(sadly). 3rd Generation hand-me down with 258 000 kms, just did 90k in 2 years. Tires nearly bald, suspension gone, oh and my muffler cracked open a week after my first visit to the dealer. Body only started to rust this year so i'm thinking a little work while it's not in use and put it back on the road in the spring.(girlfriend doesn't have a car and probably wouldn't pay for one either, so automatic = good)

Thanks
    Sounds like a good plan -- the Civic's not terminal yet! Assuming it's had oil changes, it's probably got a lot of life left in it.

I had an '89 Accord manual go to 450k kms with just regular maintenance; never needed any unusual work. Rust claimed it!

I actually just picked up an '07 Civic 5-speed with 215k kms to use as a winter car. The price was right, and I'll probably re-sell it in the spring/summer. I decided my old Firefly (35k kms) deserves some protection from the annual winter salt bath.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Little update,
    Should be getting my car on Tuesday finally, after waiting 2 month's. At least i get the red i wanted from the beginning. the courtesy car they gave me in the meantime is an automatic so anxious to get in my car!! I'd like to say that thanks to the on board computer and this site i'm checking my fuel efficiency for the first time. I have never been easy on the pedal so it took some getting used to. My first 1k km's i did about 8.1/100km on about 80% city. after reset the next 200km's 7l/100km this time 50/50.(really hard to be efficient on an automatic)
    Will make a garage entry with pics when i get it... and make an avatar

Thanks
    Glad to hear the car has arrived.

What kind of courtesy car did they loan you? Micra?

Thanks
    PS: I never did hear back from Nissan about the manual transmission situation. I poked them twice via email. I think that means they don't want to talk about it.

Thanks
    Yup. Grey SV w/o convenience and orange trim all around. i'll take a pic before bringing it back.
    And about Nissan, half their cars don't even offer manual transmission. The ones that do, aren't even available on all trims. I know north america is very automatic driven so i wonder if they they have the same CVT only policy in other countries. A guy at my dealer said that manuals account for about 5% of sales. (Probably cause they only make them on 5% of their cars...) So I don't think they have any intention of making manuals more available.
    It's ok i'm still getting mine, PocketRocket also!!(On Monday Congrats it's fitting that you get yours before mine even if it's just by a day)