Thread: Day-by-Day Review: 2015 Nissan Micra SR (autos.ca)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Day-by-Day Review: 2015 Nissan Micra SR (autos.ca)

Name:  micra-autos.ca.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  58.0 KB

So far, the writer has had the Micra for 4 days. Each day he adds a bit to the article. It seems he is enjoying it so far, though he doesn't recommend it as a highway car.

Day-by-Day Review: 2015 Nissan Micra SR

Thanks
    I think he wrapped up his review after day 4. Gave it 4/5 overall.

This is the same car I had on loan from Nissan: 2015 Micra SR automatic week long test drive: Darin's notes & impressions

Noteworthy... check the autos.ca forum discussion about this review, it's pretty active at the moment (40+ comments): http://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php/topic,88806.0.html?

It includes a bit of misinformation. I'm tempted to comment on other sites when I read bad info about the Micra, but if I did that my day would be full of little else.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Also, statements like this are rubbish:

And unless you are drag racing a bicycle you won’t be winning, although around town the Micra feels peppy, when merging onto the highway it seems the car does run out of steam around 80-90 km/h.
    Fact: the Micra has above average power:weight for its class. The reviewer states he spent the previous week driving a Subaru WRX STI, and so what we seem to have here is another failure to keep the car in context. Common problem among auto writers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    HA, that's pretty funny Darin...the guy thinks the Micra is low on power? hehehe.

I didn't read his review but I did read the comments...kinda tempted to sign up: I could have a field day with the majority of those guys being morons
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    A couple of weeks ago, I was on the highway, not going too fast but fast enough that there was nobody waiting behind me. It was a nice day, so I had the windows down. I moved into my off-ramp lane, and a guy driving a Dodge Caravan moved into the lane I was in. He was in position to get behind me if he wanted to exit, but I heard his engine roar as he floored it and pulled alongside me. I thought he was either just accelerating hard to undertake people to his left, but I thought it equally as likely he'd try to cut me of at the last minute as the off-ramp lane ended, so I dropped it to 4th and let my Micra off the chain. As I pulled ahead of him, I could hear his engine straining, and as I suspected, he moved into my lane to exit. He was right on my bumper as I had let off the gas a little to slow for the 90 degree right hand turn I was approaching. Knowing how great the Micra could take corners, I figured what the heck, so I went into the corner quite hard but easily within the limits of the Micra's capabilities; as I came into the corner, I couldn't help but hear the pumping of ABS brakes from the minivan behind me. When I checked my rear view mirror, he was a good distance away from me and missed the green light at the intersection.

Micra easily holds its own; if someone thinks it's slow or underpowered, they don't know how to drive it.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Agreed: you have to actively "drive" the car to get the most out of it, vs. just pressing the pedal.

Power vs. weight has gone up steadily for decades to the point where a Toyota minivan now has faster acceleration than many "sporty" cars used to. The unfortunate side effect is reduced driving skill/judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    I didn't read his review but I did read the comments...kinda tempted to sign up: I could have a field day...
    I have that response almost every time I read comments under car reviews. Most of the time -- but not always -- I just let it go. Not enough time in the day!