Thread: Micra SR automatic - eastern Ontario

Thanks

Micra SR automatic - eastern Ontario

So, had mine for about a week now. I must say I'm very pleased. I used to have a 2007 Hyundai accent, complete base model, for five years, and I loved driving it. It was cheap and most importantly reliable. I switched up to a Jeep wrangler 2 door in 2011......... Absolutely hated the thing after a year. So, traded up again, and wanted to go back to a smaller car, but I wanted the goodies this time. Got the SR package, and I have zero regrets. I like the style, especially with the rims, it matches with the colour very well. Even though I bought an automatic this time, I'm pleased, and it's noticeably faster than the other cars I tested in this category. Handling is good. Fuel economy is great. The only issue I'm having is the drivers seat. I'm tall, and have long legs, so I'm finding it hard to get the seat adjusted to a position I really like lol. It's got plenty of interior room though for sure. All in all I'd probably give it a 10 out of 10. It is what it is though, a cheap for of transportation, not meant for racing or long road trips. But, that being said, I don't feel like I'm driving something cheap. I feel like I got more car than what I paid for. Aaaaand, the most important thing, was that the dealer I bought from was fantastic. The service I got felt the same as it would if I was buying their top of the line car. I would, and have recommended this car to people that are interested in a cost effective replacement for their current vehicle.!

Thanks
    Where did you buy the car? It's worth sharing good recommendations.

I completely agree: the car feels more substantial & expensive than the price. Comfort is completely subjective, but I found it decent - wouldn't hesitate to take it on a cross-country trip (I'm average height).

Was your Accent manual or auto? I assume manual since it was "absolute" base.

And welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Where did you buy the car? It's worth sharing good recommendations.

I completely agree: the car feels more substantial & expensive than the price. Comfort is completely subjective, but I found it decent - wouldn't hesitate to take it on a cross-country trip.

Was your Accent manual or auto? I assume manual since it was "absolute" base.

And welcome to the forum!
    Yeah, that's right. Manual transmission. Bought it at Cornwall Nissan, Cornwall Ontario.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eastman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-22-2014)

Thanks
    You know, based solely on e-mail contact with four eastern Ontario Nissan dealers, Cornwall definitely came across as very friendly & helpful.

I'm not far away - Brockville. I grew up in Toronto, but visited Cornwall several times a year -- my grandparents had a farm just off Boundary Road.

(PS: I'm going to split your Micra mini-review into a separate thread so more people will see it.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Not meant for racing or long road trips?

I think the Micra can be whatever you want it to be.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...