Thread: Just A Warning (dealer trade not materializing)

Thanks

Just A Warning (dealer trade not materializing)

Just a warning, nothing too bad or anything, but just incase someone wants to purchase a vehicle, and their dealer said that they will try to find one in Ontario, do not believe them. Almost all of the dealerships in Ontario, refuse to cooperate with another dealership because they belong to an "Auto-group" ( dilwari, premiere, leclasse, chariot ) you name it guaranteed that each dealership ( unless privately owned ) belongs one of these. And they do not cooperate with anyone. That being said, I am not sure that a single group owns more than one dealership ( at least to my knowledge from all the places i have been calling ) and they will not release a vehicle to another dealership. Now normally I could understand if it were say financing or leasing, but I was doing a cash purchase. So I am kinda now livid, to the fact that there are several micra s' sitting on lots, in the colours i gave the dealer the option of, and no one wants to get paid. I even noticed that someone had recently purchased and picked up a micra that was on lot... 25 days after i pay ( deposit ) and signed they said they would find a car.

So to end the rant, still getting and wanting car, but do not believe the dealership, they will not get that car for you, unless your name gets pulled in a lottery.

edit; if you were the person who recently got your micra s, buy a lottery ticket.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I realize dealers operate independently, but if I were Nissan, it would peeve me to read stories like this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I even called them, best response i got after a few hours was " I am legally not allowed to comment on the situation, or I am not legally allowed to disclose that information without more information from you"... I could not even get them too look into the sills after i told them that i was quoted 1355 for the pair painted... with no part number. It should peeve them, but at the same time, they really have no reason to care when everyone else is so complacent. I mean there is a red micra s sitting in niagara, and a blue one in burlington... I approached both dealers and told them that it was a cash purchase so though it would be another dealership it technically would be their inventory that was sold.... no dice... they want the deal, no ifs ands or buts... so unless I get my deposit back I dont know what the hell they plan on doing. They never told me they ordered the car until after I asked how the search was going, and like i said there are two cars they could get, but no one will give up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Maybe you can ask LROD to order sills direct from Mexico.

http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...arage-entry%29

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Things are always difficult nowadays when you have 0 credit and you like to use cash.

Thanks
    would it not be easier to get your deposit back and go to another dealership that has the color and trim level you want
    that being said it took 27 days for my Micra SV to arrive at the dealership, only because I ordered a 5 speed manual in blue with the convenience package

Thanks
    Probably not, the other dealers wont touch the deal after me getting the car down in price. My order is for a red alert one priced in blue metallic ( b16 i believe is the paint code at $135, they just priced it that way incase they could find the car somewhere in ontario ) but after a couple of dealers had misadvertised and a couple of emails later saying a dealership would honor an advertisement, I had a good price... A price that apparently no other dealer will let the car go for...

Thanks
    Sounds to me like you negotiated a deal with a specific dealership, so you made an agreement between you and them. I honestly can't blame other dealerships for not wanting to go down in price; compared to everything in its class, the Micra is a superb value at MSRP, anything less would be a steal. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that compares in terms of quality would be the Toyota Yaris hatchback, and for the price of a base model stripper Yaris, I got a lot of nice high end options in my Micra.

If you were able to negotiate less than MSRP, I think it'll be worth the wait.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The amount they removed from the vehicle was negated by the fact that all dealerships have their own little things that they tack on. And Yes I did negotiate the final price with a specific dealership, with emails and responses from other dealerships saying they would also honor the price... basically, direct nissan screwed up big last month and put an advertisement out for $1000 free accesories with the purchase or finance of any new vehicle, so thats where i first started... they would have honored the voucher because it failed to mention what vehicles it applied to ( there was no asterisks, or any footnotes saying that it only applied to "said vehicles ")... woodbine nissan had 15% off parts... etc etc.... I think the reason that no place will touch the deal, is because with all that being said, the dealership i have ordered the car from has charged me 0 admin fees. I am just mad because its still WIP and i need a vin to get the insurance and deal with the bank... I am sitting in limbo with no car, they dont have all of my money, but in that three months time they get to collect interest on my money, I have no vehicle at the moment, and on top of all that they went an ordered the vehicle without letting me know, SO i have no clue when they officially placed an order. ( they ordered a blue and a red micra s )

the only excuse other dealers are making is that they want one on the lot in case someone wants to test drive the manual version of the vehicle. They would be willing to let the car go if my dealer gave them one in return.... its just a giant debacle of a corporation that kinda let its hold slip on how its dealers operates.

Last edited by PocketRocket; 07-17-2014 at 05:44 AM.