Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What gas do you buy

Thanks
    Holy crap I have been putting that 94 stuff in all my carburated stuff.I knew about the blend at the pump thing but not the ethanol content.

Thanks
    follow your manual.
    if it says reg, then going prem is just gonna empty your wallet faster.

Omg... really?!? I dont post for my health eh?
    Manual says: MINIMUM fuel requirement. And MAXIMUM ethanol content.

We all know it has adaptive timing.

All over the world its uses 91 aki.

In 15 years when mines still running like a top
    And those who belief only in basic engine requirements and dino oils' engine is junked up with varnish and carbon crap.

Youll wish you had listened. But thats okay, what another loan, or line of credit/equity its just money.

The point im making is...they built a swaybar to make this for the canadian market.

Was there an mention of lower grade pistons and different head? No.

Its the same design used in higher comp with higher grade gas WITH NO ETHANOL.

Who wants 10% cut, with less bang? Eat the corn damnit? Or stop subsidizing the gas industry with food.

See how much your corn fuel costs without all the credits and sudsidizes.

Saving a dollar today and costing yourself alot more later is a fools choice.

$0.20 ( difference per litre) x 34 ltr ( avg tank at fill up) x 52 weeks = $ 353.60
    Ethanol vs gas -5% ( 1,000km loss per 20,000km = 2.5 tanks @ $1.19= $101.15

$ 252.45 difference.. Omg my wallets gonna die.

How much is an engine / new car?

Also, I grabbed 3 jugs of group 5 oil for $100 and can do 4 changes from that.
    So im pretty sure i negated that $250 im spending over a year with oil and using the best gas / oil possible. With zero net difference. So no butt hurt bro.

Just saying. If you were paying attention to the forum lately ive said all this.

/rant.

Ps. Manual also says break in oil change at 2,000km or before. I have yet to hear anyone mention this. Dealer said 8,000km i didnt listen. Changed at 1,200km.
    Last edited by IMPUL; 07-06-2015 at 08:51 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    We use esso here, because of the points. No other reason. ALL gas in a given region is pretty much from the same place. Contrary to marketing etc. There is one refinery on the island here, I can follow the tanker around town here, it goes to each gas station that needs gas. I also use regular, it makes more power since its lower octane gas, it burns hotter. Unless you start hearing knock or ping, use the lowest grade gas available. Bonus, Its cheaper.

Thanks
    Chevron. I like their logo, their product, they also have FREE AIR at their stations. Anyways, all gas is the same price in Canada. If I'm in the states, it's whatever is cheapest. Always regular, it's what the car was designed for.

Thanks
    in st. John's theres a war on gas prices in the east end. all over the island its a 1.39/L, but in the east end it's 1.29, and Costco has it for 1.23....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by woofer2609 View Post
    Chevron. I like their logo, their product, they also have FREE AIR at their stations. Anyways, all gas is the same price in Canada. If I'm in the states, it's whatever is cheapest. Always regular, it's what the car was designed for.
    highly recommend you get a portable air pressure sensor + compresor , for your tires.
    forget teh ones at the gas station.

you'll thank me later.
    Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ

Thanks
    I stick to the lowest grade and I go where ever has the lowest price. I have no brand loyalty.
    I live right by the border, I dont do special trips just to fuel up. But if i happen to be state side. even with the exchange rate, fuel is a bit cheaper down there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrapolis View Post
    highly recommend you get a portable air pressure sensor + compresor , for your tires.
    forget teh ones at the gas station.

you'll thank me later.
    I've got multiple compressors, a portable one, and ANSI certified gauges , as well as tire plugs etc. It's the principal of paying for air so that a multinational corp which is already paying not enough tax can get a further reduction by "donating" to a cause. I also don't always feel like getting out my rather slow mini compressor. I've managed gas stations. It's more trouble working the coin system than the compressor. Would you be ok with being charged to use the washroom at the same gas station?

Thanks

87 octane vs 94 octane

I was surprised to find no difference in fuel mileage between the cheap ethanol based Husky 87 or Shell 87 vs Chevron 94 octane.

I read on one of the many threads, that someone got a lot more mileage running on high octane gas. So I ran a few tanks of 94 octane at high, high prices and was surprised to find literally no difference in mileage or performance. In the end, it is a "fuel good thing" (pardon the pun). My Micra has 26,000km on it. I'll try again when I have 100K and see if there is any reportable difference.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 8.1 L/100 km ... 34.9 mpg (Imp) ... 12.3 km/L ... 29.0 mpg (US) ...