Thread: Block heater location

Thanks

Lightbulb Block heater location

Name:  IMG_20140629_215442.jpg
Views: 14189
Size:  92.6 KB

I'm sure many know this already but I just realized my Micra came with an installed block heater + cord. I read online that some models have them but all the information was pretty vague so I had to look around myself and I've never had a car with one.

I discovered it bundled with a cable tie in the gap directly to the right of the battery. amazing!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cjander For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing that!

See thread: Use your Micra's block heater: save fuel, reduce wear, be more comfortable.

---

Block heaters are a bit of a hassle to use regularly, but they're worth using:

- better fuel economy
    - good for the battery
    - better engine longevity
    - you get cabin heat sooner when it's cold outside

You shouldn't need to plug in for more than about 2 hours -- any more than that and you're just heating up the air around the engine through heat loss.

You could use a timer to set it to come on at the appropriate time if you're on a regular schedule.

I even got a remote controlled outlet for mine so I could switch it on from inside the house (I don't drive on a schedule).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I just got my micra and the block heater is all tied up also. I was under the impression that it'd be sort of easier to use, I'm not sure where I am suppose to put the cable for when I wanna use it.. Any pointers?

Thanks
    Holy crap...I got a block heater! Did not know that.Name:  IMG_20160925_150714.jpg
Views: 12127
Size:  91.4 KB

Thanks for posting this