Thread: Reducing Whiplash With A Trailer or Basket?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Reducing Whiplash With A Trailer or Basket?

Hi Everyone.
    This is my first post here.

About a year ago I pulled over to ask about a car accident that had just occurred. A Jeep Wrangler had T-Boned a Micra. I was impressed at the damage to the B-Pillar. The side curtain air bag deployed. For the pillar to be bent that badly, it must have been a pretty strong impact. Yet no one was hurt.

I have been watching videos and reading the NCAP reports. It looks like the micras with the safety pack are 5 stars and those without are 4 stars but concerns about rear passengers and whiplash are raised about both of the comments section.

I will need a trailer sometimes. I am wondering about pulling a small one at all times to protect my daughter in the back seat. She is 14 but there isn't really any crumple room in the back of one of these Micras and I was wondering about trying to offset that.

What do you guys think? -Patrick

Thanks
    hmmmm... i would agree my opinion it would lessen impact/launch car over yours/reduce energy vs time (good)..but what are thoughts on parking at walmart every week?

you have managed 14 years..accident free? ....person driving in 2 years POSSIBLY poses more risk unless instructed well....you REALLY have a risk management question I feel not qualified to answer.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks MrMicra2015.

Towing the trailer might be a problem but a basket on a trailer hitch would be no problem at all.

After posting I could not figure out how to delete my post. I found this article:
    http://alerts.nationalsafetycommissi...-rear-end.html

The trailer hitch could send the shock into the car even more forcefully. I am also trying to look into better headrests. IIHS doesn't even evaluate the back headrests for whiplash, just the front but NCAP does. I wonder how many car makers cheap out on the back seats because IIHS does not test.

Thanks
    wow...didnt know that article existed.....i must admit i had the hitch on my 2015 honda fit and someone in a minivan rear ended me...his car was destroyed with a giant V and leaking radiator....i had an inprint of his license plate in my rear bumper you could read....after 2 years it faded and i never claimed anything (dont like filler/repeaint) ........ but there are energy absorbing products on the market that you can install into your receiver hitch that will soften the crash pulse and make your receiver hitch safe....THATs interesting, i wonder what they are ?

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!