Thread: Seat Belt Light

Thanks

Seat Belt Light

I have just one other problem with this "new to me car"I wanted to ask the forum. The seat belt light will stay on when I plug in the driver's buckle. If I then plug in the passenger buckle the light will go out. The airbag seems fine and will be on when I have a passenger so it is working fine.

I was told it was "suspected" to be the passenger seat assembly at a cost at the dealership of 3k to order it and 150 to install. Needless to say, I said no to that. Any thoughts or has anyone had this problem with their seatbelt light being on? Thanks for any help it is appreciated.

2015 RS 5 speed.

Thanks
    Check under the seat that a plug isnt disconnected, i managed to disconnect mine accidentally storing something under the seat, but it lit up my airbag light
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply but not that. When you plug in the driver seatbelt the seatbelt light stays on but when you plug in the passenger belt the light goes off (passenger or no passenger). The airbag main light in the center goes off as normal when a person is in the passenger seat also so that is working fine.

Was told by the dealer it is the sensors in the seat. Only 3k for the part for a car that retailed for 9998 back in 2015. A third of the price nearly and no sure answer that is even the problem!. The seatbelts are warranted for 10 years so I "thought" it was going to be fixed since it was the seatbelt light and not the airbag light on. Not so and was even charged to diagnose the "suspected" cause. 139 per hour. They did have me back for free to try a buckle on the passenger side but that supposedly did nothing and the light is still on when the driver is buckled in. I only paid 6500 for the car lol. I think I might just buy a roll of electrical tape and cover it up

Thanks
    there is some speculation from the versa 2016 FSM you do not have an open or short (what else is there?)

B1428 SEAT BELT BUCKLE SWITCH LH
    SRC-59
    < DTC/CIRCUIT DIAGNOSIS >

B1428 SEAT BELT BUCKLE SWITCH LH
    Description INFOID:0000000012430635
    DTC B1428 SEAT BELT BUCKLE SWITCH LH
    The air bag diagnosis sensor unit monitors the seat belt buckle switch LH status. If the control unit detects an open or short condition in the circuit, it will set the DTC.

SEAT BELT WARNING SYSTEM
    Seat Belt Warning System Does Not Function INFOID:0000000012430685
    1.SEAT BELT WARNING LIGHT
    Turn ignition switch ON.
    Does the seat belt warning lamp come ON?
    YES >> GO TO 2.
    NO >> • Check 10A fuse [No. 8, located in the fuse block (J/B)].
    • Check seat belt buckle switch (driver seat).
    • Check harness between combination meter and seat belt buckle switch (driver seat).
    • Check combination meter. Refer to MWI-11, "METER SYSTEM : Fail-safe" (type A) or MWI-62,
    "METER SYSTEM : Fail-safe" (type B).
    2.SEAT BELT BUCKLE (DRIVER SEAT)
    Fasten the seat belt buckle (driver seat).
    Does the seat belt warning lamp go OFF?
    YES >> GO TO 3.
    NO >> • Check seat belt buckle switch (driver seat).
    Check harness between combination meter and seat belt buckle switch (driver seat).
    3.OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM
    Have a helper sit in the passenger seat.
    Does the seat belt warning lamp go ON?
    YES >> GO TO 4.
    NO >> • Check occupant classification system. Refer to SRC-11, "OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM
    : System Description".
    • Check harness between occupant classification control unit and air bag diagnosis sensor unit.
    4.SEAT BELT BUCKLE (PASSENGER SEAT)
    Fasten the seat belt buckle (passenger seat).
    Does the seat belt warning lamp go OFF?
    YES >> System OK.
    NO >> • Check seat belt buckle switch (passenger seat).
    • Check harness between seat belt buckle switch (passenger seat) and air bag diagnosis sensor
    unit.
    • Replace air bag diagnosis sensor unit. Refer to SR-30, "Removal and Installation".

if the car is a 2015 theoretically i think they cut hack splice a bunch or those wires for the side airbag recall POSSIBLY, its quite an involved recall so never had it done.....ooh your 2015 i bet they have done it

the cuttn n hakkin....all 38 pages!!....noooo thanks

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...7V144-7970.pdf

OR just plug in the pass side seatbelt ?...light goes off...tell passengers to latch seatbelt upon alighting from car?
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 04-04-2024 at 08:42 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Going with the electrical tape fix. You are probably right they hacked at it and screwed up something. I really at this point don't care anymore and ignore the light when I drive alone. With a passenger everything is fine. Nissan was no help and just wanted more and more money from me. Sounds like the "fix" recall might be the culprit. Hearing this I think they actually knew this and just tried to brush me off and not have to deal with it.

Last edited by Nismobetter; 04-10-2024 at 05:54 PM.