Thread: K13 - automatic electric mirrors no longer automatic

Thanks

K13 - automatic electric mirrors no longer automatic

Hello fellow Micra owners,

There is a small yet irksome problem ongoing with my Micra K13 (2013) - electric mirrors fail to open automatically on engine start even though the mirrors power switch is set to "Auto".

Part of the equation are:
    1) My action camera which I've converted to operate as car DVR, drawing power externally from the 12 V socket using a compatible travel adapter.

2) Battery isn't stock but from a different brand.

My understanding which was also confirmed by service centre technicians is that the current draw to start the engine start is high and it starves other electronics in the car of the necessary current to work in conjunction. Opening them manually using their power switch works all the time.

Mirrors automatically open alright when I push the start button twice to power all the electronics, without starting the engine.

Lastly, disconnecting the travel adapter from the 12 V socket fixes the above mentioned problem and the mirrors open automatically even during the engine start.

Question 1:
    Would the non factory installed battery be causing this problem?

Question 2:
    Would a voltage / current regulator of some sort at the battery terminals solve the problem or perhaps a more powerful battery?

Thanks
    you can get power folding mirrors????...i want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

id say your battery is on the way out the....

My understanding which was also confirmed by service centre technicians is that the current draw to start the engine start is high and it starves other electronics in the car of the necessary current to work in conjunction. Opening them manually using their power switch works all the time.

is exactly what i think too
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

ToSlow (12-03-2023)

Thanks
    Yes, the K13 1.2 L (2013 and later) got automatic electric mirrors (folding and adjustable) in India 😅

As for the electrical issue, I'm beginning to think the current battery may not be fully compatible with the car's power requirements..

I wonder whether reverting to stock battery fixes the problem 🤔

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Yes, the K13 1.2 L (2013 and later) got automatic electric mirrors (folding and adjustable) in India ��

As for the electrical issue, I'm beginning to think the current battery may not be fully compatible with the car's power requirements..

I wonder whether reverting to stock battery fixes the problem ��
    Have you got a part number for the mirrors please?

Thanks
    I found the part numbers of the mirror assembly of both sides and have shared the screenshot of the same, @ToSlow.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fps...w?usp=drivesdk

The actual model of my car is Micra K13 F/L CVT XV (2013).

If you are trying to source those parts, you will also need the connecting wires and it's toggle, power, and adjustment switches to control the mirrors.

Thanks
    OMG...literally everyone wants micra power folding mirrors+1 for me......i would literally install a switch to have them ...JDM micra!!
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    OMG...literally everyone wants micra power folding mirrors+1 for me......i would literally install a switch to have them ...JDM micra!!
    Yes, I do love the power folding mirrors - they close automatically on vehicle central locking and open on ignition and / or engine start provided the switch is set to "Auto" and not on "Manual" or to "Off"; very convenient all the time not having to manually close / open / adjust the mirrors! May be they were offered only on the fully loaded variant of the K13 one of which I own; not sure.

Sadly, only the Nissan Sunny got ORVM indicators but not the Micra K13 :/

Last edited by Spectre; 12-06-2023 at 03:45 PM. Reason: appending