Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another soon-to-be Micra Owner

Thanks

Another soon-to-be Micra Owner

Hey there,

Just got back from Burlington Nissan and we've purchased a Manual SV w/ Convenience Package in White.
    We live in Toronto but my mom bought her Murano at Burlington Nissan and highly recommended them, so that's where I ended up going.
    Can't wait to get it! Hope it doesn't take too long. They said they'd give us an update on Monday for the ETA.

We're adding another Nissan to the family - boyfriend has a 1993 Nissan Skyline that he's currently rebuilding

Anyway, that's it for now. Will post more photos once we get to pick it up!
    We've already got some little mods planned... and need to research more into the March/finding alternate parts that will work with this Micra model.

Thanks
    Hi!

Congrats on the purchase -- hopefully it doesn't take too long to show up (as some members' cars have).

Care to spill the beans on what mods you have in mind??

Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks!
    Nothing major - just a few little cosmetic things mostly. Hopefully lower it a bit (however, unsure if this affects the warranty?)
    New wheels and sway bars probably. We weren't really a fan of the dealer's stripe graphics, but we may end up doing our own.
    Will hopefully get the windows tinted fairly soon - that'll be first on the list after rust-proofing
    That's all we've thought of for now.

Thanks
    Ekkk, my friend had a skyline...he got rid of it after discovering its a major money pit...so he sold it and got a 350z. On the sway bars, factory ones are better than the aftermarket ones that I've seen...Nissan did testing with them, the ultra racing ones are just metals that are overpriced...anything you do the car will void the warranty (except decal or rims)...after 5 years I'd invest in grabbing a jukes turbo and make that thing fly...woot

Thanks
    I'd say any car that someone decides to rebuild would be a 'money pit' cause cars ain't cheap (well, except maybe the Micra...). He's quite the skyline enthusiast and knows what he's doing. Just a fun side project/hobby that's going well. Motor just went back in yesterday.
    As for the sway bars - thanks, that's good to know

Thanks
    I actually asked Nissan about modifications & warranty. Typically the aftermarket part only voids the warranty of the parts it directly affects.

EG: if you do springs or sway bars, you would probably void the warranty on shocks, bushings, wheel, bearings, etc. Other suspension items. But it wouldn't affect warranty on transmission or engine.

Of course, you may still have a fight on your hands if something goes wrong. The dealer will make the initial decision (you may have to appeal to the company).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site. Its great to have another owner make their way here. I look forward to seeing what you do with your car.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I actually asked Nissan about modifications & warranty. Typically the aftermarket part only voids the warranty of the parts it directly affects.
    I'd be more worried about the insurance claim implications. A few years back, a guy in Toronto lowered his brand new Honda Civic. He hit a severe pothole on the highway, causing him to lose control, spin out, and crash. The insurance company denied his claim on two accounts: One that he did not advise his insurance company of the modification (you should always tell your insurance company of all modifications if you expect coverage in case of an accident), and two was that they felt that, had he left the car stock, it may have been able to handle such a severe pothole without causing loss of control. Poor fellow was left making payments on a wreck.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks for all the input on the warranty everyone.
    I think we'll just focus on cosmetic changes for now. No point in messing with the warranty/insurance on a brand new vehicle
    Anyway, still no ETA... apparently they've found 2 cars at different dealerships with the specs I want, they just need to work out the trade negotiation between the dealerships. Hope it won't be too much longer!

Thanks
    That's encouraging that another dealer has your car.