Thread: Is anyone here a guru when it comes to dealing with dealers?

Thanks

Is anyone here a guru when it comes to dealing with dealers?

if nissans website ( manufacturers that is ) clearly states that certain fees are included in the msrp...
    Price represents the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) plus freight, PDE (full tank of fuel, floor mats and installed block heater cord), air levy, environmental handling fee (includes tire levy + $1 oil filter stewardship eco fee), and the Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council (OMVIC) fee. Price excludes license, registration, insurance, duties, and applicable taxes.
    then should I technically be able to get them to waive all of said fees that they re-charge you when I go to finalize the price of the vehicle?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    We have two members who work for dealers - but neither are in Ontario. Does that matter?

micra-swiftman007 in Quebec, and James (nintu) at Abbotsford Nissan (BC).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketRocket View Post
    if nissans website ( manufacturers that is ) clearly states that certain fees are included in the msrp...
    Price represents the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) plus freight, PDE (full tank of fuel, floor mats and installed block heater cord), air levy, environmental handling fee (includes tire levy + $1 oil filter stewardship eco fee), and the Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council (OMVIC) fee. Price excludes license, registration, insurance, duties, and applicable taxes.
    then should I technically be able to get them to waive all of said fees that they re-charge you when I go to finalize the price of the vehicle?
    Are they trying to recharge all of them and explicitly? I often see their own admin fees in Ontario, often around $600. I doubt it's what they do, it's usually sneakier than that, and most often, used in combination with low pricing to attract you. It's a guarantee of a certain level of profit I guess.

You must of purchase it since then, did you get this resolved? What was the outcome if I may ask?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I believe they are relying on the consumer to be poorly educated in purchasing a car. The admin fees, are their way of compiling all of the charges into one to keep you from haggling for a better price... the dealership I went to which is not in the gta, had 0 admin fees, and rather had a breakdown of what you are paying for: wheel locks, $100 a/c tax ( my car has no a/c), window etching, tire stewardship, omvic fees etc.
    That all being said every dealer is different. When I talked with direct nissan about the faulty ad they had posted on their own website, the sales manager was fully willing to break down their 599 admin fees so I could see what it consisted of. However I ended up putting in my deposit before the negotiations any further.
    So no I did not pay any of the admin fees. The only downside I have had was that I had to wait a copious amount of time to get the car, and even then within a few weeks of delivery, I had to go in several times to resolve the issue of colour. ( when they originally started looking for me I gave them two colour choices, and when they placed the order they ordered both but insisted I asked for one of the two colours and that since it was there first I had to take the car.) I would have gotten them to remove or discount the security etching, I turned the monitor around when the sales manager was away for a few mins and it honestly costs the dealer 39.99 and you pay 399 for it.
    Outcome overall was soured by waiting so long for the car ( 3 months ) and having to correct all their mistakes. I am pleased with the car, but would have been much happier if there were no issues with the dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That's a pain. Sorry to hear. I'm lucky enough to live in the Ottawa area, where I can take up offers from Quebec and Ontario and choose the best option. I bought mine on the Quebec sign. Every line item on the invoice was explained. I prefer, like everybody I guess, upfront and clear dealers. It should be like this by law. I'm fine with them trying to sell me more stuff, or upsell me on a higher end model.

Love that A/C tax they tried to collect from you. What a bunch. May I ask which stealership this was if not indiscreet?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...