Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SR rear spoiler priced and part number found.

Thanks

SR rear spoiler priced and part number found.

I have an invoice for the micra sr spoiler and I would love to share it, I hope someone will be able to help me investigate the side sills, just need a part number now they are priced at about 100 pounds on the uk website, but their colours are different. anywhom the part costs, 416.24 after tax ( insist you wont pay the freight and they will waive it lol ) and the part number is 96030-9LE0H. Have a great day everyone.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Am I reading that right, $415 for the SR spoiler? Yikes.

Thanks
    415 is a bit pricey but the regular one unpainted is 199.95 and another 150 to have it painted ( before tax ) or 399.99 as listed on their website... so imo its kinda a good buy. its a bit pricey but remember it does have an led tail light in it, and it looks badass compared to the standard spoiler, or no spoiler.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Ah, its painted too. For some reason I was under the impression that none of the spoilers came painted.

Thanks
    nope the sr spoiler only comes in piano black, so it would be a waste of time, and their facilities to not use their equipment onsite to mass produce and finish them. Also if you opt in for the regular rear spoiler, be weary of the paint job, some people dont understand why its called a gravity gun ( or a gravity feed spray gun to be more precise ) and they often **** up when it comes to painting a small part for a customer.

Thanks
    Awesome! thanks for that, man! Will be ordering mine soon. Replied to your PM too.
    Cheers!
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Got My SR Spoiler

I got my SR spoiler. It was somewhat cheaper than expected, but is not black... it arrived molded in grey. I assumed it would be molded in black (same as door & hatch handles, mirror nacelles) as all the SR's have a black spoiler. Nope. I then checked an SR at the dealer and indeed the spoiler is painted.

So I have to decide whether to paint ''satin black'' to match the other plastic bits on the car or ''gloss black'' to match the body. hmmm...

Also, don't bother with this if you're not comfortable drilling holes in your car, I figure four will be needed.

Notes for pics:
    1) Bottom view.The black brackets fasten to car via a grommet of some kind, this is the part that did not show up. the covers just snap into the brackets.
    2) Part numbers. The more expensive grommets did not arrive yet. One black and one tan grommet may not be needed, as this is what is already on the car, holding the brake light on.
    3) The pegs on each side of the light, plug into existing grommets on car. (stock brake light just pops off)
    4) The outer pegs plug into grommets that I will have to drill holes for.

EDIT: I think I figured out why my spoiler arrived unpainted: the part number on the spoiler is actually different from the number on the invoice. Unfortunately, I didn't notice this before I painted the sucker. The invoice Part# ends in ''H'' the actual spoiler part# ends in ''A'' (see pic)
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by aftica; 06-21-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-07-2014),LilGeckos (10-12-2016)

Thanks
    Could you do a DIY write up when you install it so others now whats all involved?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Could you do a DIY write up when you install it so others now whats all involved?
    Certainly! It should be easy enough, I just have to wait and see what the missing parts are, so I can line everything up.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

11. The Following User Says Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-19-2014)

Thanks
    Ok, finally today the last grommet arrived so I threw the spoiler on. Not many guys will be arsed to do this, but just in case... here are some pics and notes so you'll know what you're up against. It is a bit of a pain, the accessory spoiler or an aftermarket would probably be easier.

1) Pop off the stock third brake light unit. The two plastic posts just snap into grommets, which will accept the two centre posts on the spoiler.
    2)Line up the centre posts on spoiler with the centre grommets on hatch and push hard. The outer posts will leave marks in the paint which you can then centre punch and drill pilot holes, (I chose 1/8'')
    3) Remove one grommet and see that it is an oval hole, about 5/6'' inch, so I drilled 9/32'' holes to be safe. I simply used the drill to elongate hole to the necessary 11-12mm long. Don't worry if they get angled... it does not matter as long as your centre is good. You need to sneak up on a good fit so that the grommets will snap into place securely.
    4) Now snap the spoiler into place and look up through outer brackets and mark the centre of the holes. These outermost holes will need to be rectangular, but start by drilling a 1/8'' pilot hole. There is not much leeway to fudge, so try and line up accurately and test fit often as you file the hole to size. Small finger files work very well, the metal is super thin and easy to file. Sneak up on the exact fit.

Attached Images Attached Images           
    Ten Grand Tin Can

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-07-2014),LilGeckos (10-12-2016),pilip948 (06-03-2016)