Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SR rear spoiler priced and part number found.

Thanks
    5) Check the spoiler fits correctly, and that the outer grommets sit in the bracket holes properly. I had to loosen the bracket to spoiler nuts as I was out just a hair from the bracket meeting the grommet nicely.
    6) When you're happy with the fit, remove spoiler and hook up brake light connector, then peal the double sided tape on spoiler and then snap the spoiler into place securely. (I wiped the hatch with alcohol at the sticky tape contact areas)
    7) I'm sure the outer brackets are meant to be held with metric bolts, but I had some 1/4'' coarse laying around that the grommets accepted without complaint. Snug these up and then tighten the bracket to spoiler nuts if you loosened them previously.
    8) The finishing covers just snap into the brackets, hiding the ugliness.
    9) I painted the spoiler parts with Krylon satin black, (to match the other plastic bits... mirrors, door handles,wiper arm , moldings etc.) and used an entire can of Krylon clear in multiple coats.

Any questions, feel free to ask!
    John.

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-07-2014),LilGeckos (10-12-2016),Nobuseri (02-06-2018),pilip948 (03-22-2016)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It looks great. Thanks for posting the pictures and the write up.

Thanks
    So much black, looks good with the spoiler! Did you end up painting that? looks pretty darn good!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thank you so much aftica, Nissan St-Agathe dealership didn't wanted to does it them self there and they where kinda charging alot for the pain/install.

So I just bought the piece, painted it myself (satin black, thought I give 8/10 for my paint job xD), and did it myself by following your tutorial.

I must said that you covered pretty much any parts, except, maybe I would like to see an picture of the "oval hole" of the gromet, but I easy figured it out myself. In the end, you saved me around 200$ (paint/installation at dealership) and I FINALLY got an "SR" spoiler on my "S" micra!

Before
    Name:  20151024_154445.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  99.4 KB

After
    Name:  GOPR0386.jpg
Views: 1910
Size:  98.3 KB
    Name:  GOPR0387.jpg
Views: 2004
Size:  97.4 KB

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pilip948 For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (10-12-2016),MetroMPG (10-19-2016)

Thanks
    I'm told that this part number 96030-9LE0H is for only the spoiler as if you had the hardware and template already. Unfortunately he couldn't give me that number but the dealer should be able to help. I was quoted $200 CAD.

If you're looking into SR side skirts I was told if your car wasn't equipped with them that the proper holes for mounting are not there. So some drilling is required and what ever mounting points that the "S" needs.

For anyone else interested bug deflector should be around $90 and the exhaust tip $65.

Thanks
    Awesome job on the spoilers guys. To drill holes in a new car to mod it... just awesome. They look as good as factory installs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LilGeckos For This Useful Post:

pilip948 (10-12-2016)

Thanks
    I like it.. Adding that to the mod list!!! Cheers for showing it!!

Thanks
    It's interesting to note that in Japan, the Nismo version of the K13 uses this very own same roof spoiler (same part number) on the car equipped. I was able to snatch one used for about 80$ with a few little scratches which I will use on my Nismo conversion project.

Junior Member thatdudesredmicra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Added my SR spoiler today to my SV car ! ^_^ Thank you for the great DIY tutorial! Will post a picture soon!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thatdudesredmicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-22-2020)