Thread: Passed the bike test

Thanks

Passed the bike test

I have a very large monster of a mountain bike that easily fit in the back of the Micra, without compromising driver's seat position at all:

Read more: http://mymicra.com/?p=406

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

Antruby (06-14-2014)

Thanks
    That is a real good fit.
    Antruby (Rose) My blog is Antruby.com
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Thanks
    It looks like you could stack two in there There's also the roof rack purchasable.

Is it possible to buy a hitch for the Micra? A lot of people are going with hitch bike racks for ease of use.

Thanks
    I could probably stack my wife's bike on top of mine. I have the Thule roof rack carrier for two bikes, though it's not the greatest for fuel economy; it breaks the aerodynamic profile pretty badly.

I did a quick check on-line for tow hitches for the Micra, it appears that nobody has anything for a Micra past the K12 model. I wonder if the spare tire is the reason?

I still have the carrier that straps onto the hatch that I used with my original K10 Micra. It's missing the rubber feet that keep the steel frame from scratching up the hatch. Nice thing about that is it can hold up to three bikes, and they sit behind the car, so not so bad for aerodynamics. Also frees up the roof racks for a roof top carrier, so the whole family can go biking and camping. I might source new rubber feet to bring that back into service.

All of these bike carrying solutions require extra time and effort. If I decide to take the GO train to the city and want to bring my bike on the train for riding around in the city, just tossing the bike in the boot is the quickest, most convenient solution.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...