Thread: Any base model no frills 2015 Micra owners here?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Any base model no frills 2015 Micra owners here?

After much consideration, priorities are different in life right now as I'm saving for a down payment (house). So that means I'm one of the 10% looking to purchase a base model 5speed Micra. I test drove the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES the other day and actually really like the feel of the car. Through research, I find there's much better value with the Micra. I'm in definite need of an upgrade as my 1993 Honda Accord is on it's last legs.

To owners (or previous owners) of the base model 5pseed Micra, any qualms about the car that you have or had?. I don't care about not having a/c, power windows/doors, auto tranny, etc if that matters.

Last edited by shadow_cruiser; 06-14-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks
    I made a post about mine in the ''owners and tire kickers'' sub section
    http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...-base-Micra-S)

The only thing that is a somewhat serious consideration is the high RPMs on the highway, even more so now, as it seems the speedo actually does read high. If you do a lot of HWY driving you will have to learn to ignore this.

If you're mostly in town driving this thing flat out rocks, can't imagine anything being better.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-14-2014)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    I made a post about mine in the ''owners and tire kickers'' sub section
    http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...-base-Micra-S)

The only thing that is a somewhat serious consideration is the high RPMs on the highway, even more so now, as it seems the speedo actually does read high. If you do a lot of HWY driving you will have to learn to ignore this.

If you're mostly in town driving this thing flat out rocks, can't imagine anything being better.
    Loved that review!. Even after nit-picking certain things, it seems you love the car. High RPM's on the highway is not unusual to me. I drove a 1998 Cavalier Z24 which ran at 3k RPM at 100km/h. It was extremely annoying for the first 6 months but I didn't even notice it afterwards.

I'm 50/50 when it comes to highway and city driving. Kinda excited to see how it will play out with my long trips to Toronto once every few months.

Thanks for your awesome insight!

Thanks
    Welcome, shadow cruiser.

If you liked the feel of the Mirage, you're definitely going to like the Micra.

The Mirage with the 5-speed also spins at ~3k RPM at 100 km/h, though its 1.2L triple has a distinctly different engine note compared to the Micra's 4-cyl.

Keep us posted once you get a chance to drive one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...