Thread: 2015 Nissan Micra fuel economy / mileage / mpg (NRCAN, EPA)

Thanks

2015 Nissan Micra fuel economy / mileage / mpg (NRCAN, EPA)

Update, Apr 15: Here are the Micra's fuel economy ratings, published by Nissan. (Close to what our digging predicted.)

Transmission City Highway Combined *
    5-speed manual 8.6 L/100 km
    33 mpg (Imp.)
    27.4 mpg (US)
    4-speed automatic 8.8 L/100 km
    32 mpg (Imp.)
    26.7 mpg (US)
    * Combined = 55% city, 45% highway

Real world mileage reports from Micra drivers ...

Name:  thumb1.jpg
Views: 62223
Size:  2.5 KB
    2015 Micra fuel economy/mileage test: ecodriving a 5-speed and automatic in Montreal

We show how the Micra can get surprisingly good fuel economy when driven carefully in the city & on the highway.
    Name:  thumb2.jpg
Views: 21662
Size:  2.4 KB
    Micra automatic or manual: which should you get for best gas mileage/fuel economy?

The manual and automatic may have similar ratings, but there's one clear choice if your goal is best efficiency.

Name:  thumb3.jpg
Views: 33413
Size:  3.5 KB Micra 1.6 real world fuel economy / mileage reports

Fuel economy reports from real world drivers of the Micra's 1.6L engine
    Name:  head-to-head-sm.jpg
Views: 17230
Size:  2.8 KB Head to head: Micra manual vs. automatic MPG/fuel economy comparison

Comparing 2 Micras driven at the same time over the same route.
    Name:  thumb4.jpg
Views: 21633
Size:  2.4 KB Video: 2015 Micra Multi Information Display (MID) fuel economy, odo, fuel gauge, etc.

A look at the Micra's factory LCD display that shows average & "instant" fuel economy/mileage, and other info.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The numbers represent the new, 5-cycle testing that'll be similar (if not identical) to the current tests done by the U.S. EPA.

The US has been using the more "real world" testing since 2008.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    These are Impressive fuel consumption numbers for a car that has such a low base price of $9998. I am excited to see what kind of numbers the officially annouce.

Thanks
    I don't think this version of the Micra at least, is intended as the high fuel economy version. When you compare this to the Mirage or Spark, i think their betting the increased power and lower cost will be the major selling point. Entry cars don't always have to be economy cars. It sheds the stigma of cheap cars being underpowered or unrefined.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog 44 View Post
    I don't think this version of the Micra at least, is intended as the high fuel economy version. Entry cars don't always have to be economy cars. It sheds the stigma of cheap cars being underpowered or unrefined.
    The president of Nissan Canada has said as much. They weren't aiming for highest economy.

The susprising thing is that despite the mediocre MPG, the low purchase price means it may still be the most economical car, even when you take fuel cost into account: http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...vs-competitors

Thanks
    This is my 1st post and really like the price, looks and mileage. I am sure with an ultra gauge it would get high 50's.