Thread: Nismo/nismo s march/micra k13

Thanks

Lightbulb Nismo/nismo s march/micra k13

Got some interesting link :

http://www.nissan.co.jp/MARCH/nismo.html#id02
    (translate the page)

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS...0624-02-e.html

Starting price for automatic xtronic cvt transmission: 17k$ ans for manual ( nismo S in this case ): 19k$

Go check

Thanks
    According to the specs from the 2nd link, the Nismo S March 1.5L engine has 114 hp versus our Micra's 109hp, and 115 foot pounds of torque versus 107 foot pounds for our Micra. Unless that minor torque boosts comes at much lower spot in the power band, we almost already have a Nismo S when it comes to power train (unless they plan to give our S the 188 hp Juke engine ).

In addition, the "quick steering gear ratio" in the Nismo sounds like it might already be in our Micra, and our front and rear sway bars may mean we already have part of the Nismo suspension package.

To keep things simple in Nissan's plant in Mexico ( and doable sooner for us), we should request Canadian Micra Nismo takes the body effects, suspension changes, and badging from the Nismo non-S (which has the CVT and smaller engine), and keep our existing power train. That would give us an even more fun to drive version of our Micra on a resonable timeline and price.

To some of our members who work at Nissan dealerships, would it be possible to source the March body kit and suspension pieces from Japan, and get them installed at a dealership? That would simplify things further.

Thanks
    I was talking about that topic at the end of your reply to my dad ( ARGM and LPM at nissan canada ). Hope to see somes changes in a near future

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jwells For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (02-15-2017)

Thanks
    ^
    Thanks, Jwells. Does LPM mean licensed practising mechanic, or are those two acronyms for some executive position?

Thanks
    executive

Thanks
    ^
    Sweet! Thanks for giving us you and your father's ear, Jwells And I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone here when I'd like to pass along a thanks to your father and everyone else at Nissan Canada who had the cast titanium reproductive organs to bring the Micra back to Canada alone, without spreading the risk to the U.S.; we, who are about to live salute you!

Introducing the Micra Nismo as either a factory option or in-dealer install would not preclude the releasing of a March Nismo S with the base Juke engine later. I could see Nissan hesitating to do this, though, as it may cannibalize other sales.

Assuming you wouldn't have to detune the engine for either competitive purposes or because the body can't handle it, a Micra Nismo S at its current curb weight (for simplicity, since we know the engine,suspension, and body kit will add a bit of weight) with the 188 hp Juke engine would have a power to rate ratio of 0.0816 horsepower for pound. For comparison, the existing Micra's has 0.0473 hp/lb, the base Juke has 0.064 hp/lb, and the 197 hp Ford Fiesta ST has a ratio of 0.072 hp/lb.

Even assuming the increased weight of the engine and other modifications would drop the power to weight ratio to that of a Fiesta ST, the Juke-infused Canadian Micra Nismo S would be a monster
    Last edited by Ustauk; 06-12-2014 at 12:19 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ustauk For This Useful Post:

Howie (12-14-2014)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Assuming in Japan only a 1.2L is available, the 1.5L would be a sporty upgrade. Here in europe we have a 1.2L with 80bhp and the 1.2L DIG-S with 98bhp. I'd welcome a Nismo overhere! :-)

Thanks
    A little Nismo info from a recent humourous Autos.ca Micra review:

Quote Originally Posted by Autos.ca
    Never mind bang-for-buck, the Micra would squeak into my personal top-ten list for most compelling drives of 2014 list. Sure, the price tag lowered the bar, but this little car vaults right over it as-is, and then there’s the potential for even more fun with some rumoured Nissan Motorsports add-ons coming. I drove the Nismo-ized March early in December (the Micra’s Japanese twin), and it was simply excellent. Nissan’s launching the one-make Micra racing series in Quebec next year, and execs indicated that while a standalone Nismo version wasn’t particularly likely for Canada, a full dealer-installed package (i.e. not just lowering springs) might well be on the way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ustauk For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Ha - I just posted about the same rumour!

Rumour mill: Micra NISMO dealer package coming

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...