Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Micra speedometer shows faster than it's really going

Thanks
    Well now it is Nov 2015.
    I see that this thread started a year ago.
    I just got my Micra SV a few weeks ago.
    It has the same speedometer problem
    Indicated 130 = actual 118 (2 differnt GPS units)

Did anyone get their cars fixed?

Thanks
    My winter tires measure a bit bigger on my stagger gauge and have brought my speedo within 1 kph of the real speed.Problem is now after driving a full year on the stock firestones I have become use to driving @ 105 to 110k in the 80k speed zones. Now that will get me a speeding ticket for sure so I have to remember that each time until I get use to having an accurate speedo. The micra was billed as a fun car and we all know that speeding tickets are no fun so maybe Nissan made the speedo off so it seems like you are going faster without getting a ticket which is fun.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The micra was billed as a fun car and we all know that speeding tickets are no fun so maybe Nissan made the speedo off so it seems like you are going faster without getting a ticket which is fun.
    My thought exactly

Thanks
    I put my gps in the car and set its alarm to sound at 5 km over the actual speed. This has helped a lot to curb the speeding and so far no tickets.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    After 2 fill-ups and monitoring my gas mileage and speed I find that the speed at 100km/hr shows approximately 6% higher than that on my GPS. This also results in inaccurate mileage on odometer/trip meter of about the same 6%. I also compared this to mapquest, google maps and waze and got the same results. I had the same issues with my Hyundai Santa Fe, which resulted in a lower black book estimate on resale/trade-in value. So, although the speed and mileage ratings are a concern, the value of my Micra is being depreciated by an extra 6% every time I drive the vehicle. Anybody have any luck with bringing similar concerns to their dealers?

Thanks
    I guess with that extra 6% loss by the time I want to sell or trade my Micra I'm going to have to pay somebody to take it.

Thanks
    ^ Considering an 2015 S model micra A/T with 44000km has a black book value of $7800 now in top condition, TODAY and a low value of 6k, By the time we get rid of our micras in 2-3 more years or even 5, they could give you a tim hortons gift card to make up the 6%.
    Last edited by Howie; 02-17-2016 at 02:09 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    A used car buyer buying a used Micra in 3 years would be able to disclose to the Ont Ministry of Transport, for the purposes of paying sales tax on the car, that the car is of no value therefore no tax.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by disillutioned View Post
    This also results in inaccurate mileage on odometer/trip meter of about the same 6%. I also compared this to mapquest, google maps and waze and got the same results.
    Interesting. Because I tested one Micra's odometer and it was correct even though the speedometer was off. How could that be? The computer knows the correct speed (verified with OBD-II reader); it was only the needle that was wrong.

Have any other people carefully tested their odometer accuracy? Over what distance? What test method?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    My issue now is that my Torrent's speedometer is dead accurate to the single kilometer per hour. I've logged so many kilometers behind the wheel of the Micra over the past 2 years, when I drive my Torrent I wonder why everyone's driving so slow. Doesn't help that it's geared lower, so it actually feels as though it's going slower as well.

I should test drive other Nissans to see if it's a common problem, as this will definitely make me think twice before buying Nissan again.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

micrapolis (02-20-2016)