Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Micra speedometer shows faster than it's really going

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Not necessarily. The speedo and odometer are driven separately by the computer.

From what I've read, manufacturers fudge the speed reading (to ensure you're never actually going faster than the displayed speed), but the odo should be closer to reality. Separate issues.
    Hey Darin, I can tell you that on my car: the odometer is as crazy out of whack as the speedo. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I was comparing it to a known distance (my commute to work).

Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That's funny...

In the SR loaner I had, I tested both the speedometer & the odometer. And the odometer was dead accurate -- within 1/10th of a km after 20+ km of driving (distance measured 2 different ways). But the speedometer was off (read low) by 4 km/h.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    My experience with Nissan is that they don't really care about this issue. I think we got Versa guts in our car, but to make it peppier, they slapped on smaller profile tires.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I got a call from the service manager at my dealer a few days ago. Both he and the sales manager at the dealer have raised the issue with the Nissan district corporate management team. He seemed positive that a fix might happen and was going to keep me updated. I do hope Nissan does correct the problem and it was nice to hear that my dealer is still looking for a fix on this issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra sv manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 40.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.4 km/L ... 34.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ijamie View Post
    I got a call from the service manager at my dealer a few days ago. Both he and the sales manager at the dealer have raised the issue with the Nissan district corporate management team. He seemed positive that a fix might happen and was going to keep me updated. I do hope Nissan does correct the problem and it was nice to hear that my dealer is still looking for a fix on this issue.
    Please keep us updated on this,bro. I was in to my local dealer yesterday and they have heard nothing of this (that they would admit to me).
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    thanks for keeping this thread alive guys. i , too, would like to hear what is the response.

Thanks
    I let Anthony the service manager at Scarborough Nissan know about the speedo issue. He made a note of it on my car's service record and said he would let me know as soon as Nissan had a fix for it. Haven't heard anything in two weeks. Will probably check again in a few weeks when my car is due for its first oil change.

Thanks
    Funny that I find this thread. Last week-end I doing some survey for google maps and had my GPS gear on board, and noticed the speed was off by 6% too low. Speedometer showed 100 km/h, and ODB-II as well, while my GPSs and smartphone would beg to differ it was more like 106. There's no way to adjust the speedo through reprogramming via ODB-II ? Somehow the OEM dimensions don't translate into accurate readings. 6% is way off. I'll ask my dealer as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lbarouf View Post
    Funny that I find this thread. Last week-end I doing some survey for google maps and had my GPS gear on board, and noticed the speed was off by 6% too low. Speedometer showed 100 km/h, and ODB-II as well, while my GPSs and smartphone would beg to differ it was more like 106. There's no way to adjust the speedo through reprogramming via ODB-II ? Somehow the OEM dimensions don't translate into accurate readings. 6% is way off. I'll ask my dealer as well.
    Something definitely not right there. You are the first guy that has reported a speedo reading LOW. Interesting.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

Thanks
    I bought mine in Quebec, and came with winter tires (or tyres). Tiger paws of the same geometry.
    But actual measure by GPS is higher than speedo is displaying. I'll see if I can get an OPP guy on a slow night to confirm.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...