Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another great day in the life of my Micra

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Another great day in the life of my Micra

Today was a great day to be driving my Micra. The morning started out with pouring rain, but the Micra parks easy in my garage, so I stayed dry getting to my car. The drive in was heavy with traffic, and I had to turn on the defroster to keep the windows from fogging up because of the rain, which caused the air conditioning compressor to turn on, which made the drive in comfortable. Then I got to the jobsite, and was able to park in a great parking spot that nobody wanted because it was too tight for a larger car.

It was hot and humid on the drive home, but the air conditioning kept me comfortable all the way.

The best part? In spite of running the air conditioning a lot today, my fuel economy actually improved to an average of 6.1L/100km, and I’m not even trying for better fuel economy. I spend more than my fair share of time in the hammer lane, I accelerate briskly (within the limits of the break in requirements), and I spent a lot of time in stop-and-go traffic. I travelled 448km so far on my first tank of fuel, and still have three bars (out of eight) showing on the fuel gauge, so between a quarter and half a tank. My old Grand Am GT would have run out of gas by now, in spite of having a larger (54.1L vs. 41L) fuel tank.

I really love this car; all smiles today.
    Last edited by AlphaMicra; 06-03-2014 at 04:18 PM.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

WalkingBlackBear (04-08-2018)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Its always great to hear cool stories from happy owners.

Thanks
    Like I tell people all the time. These Micras are no joke. Enjoy.

Was it worth the waiting?
    Last edited by Antruby; 06-03-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    Antruby (Rose) My blog is Antruby.com
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Thanks
    Definitely worth the wait, Antruby.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Stop teasing!!! My sentra eats fuel, rapes oil, and pukes rad fluid, I pay too much just to run it, plus it misfires when revs go over 4k, I waaaaant my Micra!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by en3rg1e View Post
    Stop teasing!!! My sentra eats fuel, rapes oil, and pukes rad fluid, I pay too much just to run it, plus it misfires when revs go over 4k, I waaaaant my Micra!!!
    Sorry 'bout that. I understand your pain all too well.

Thanks
    Says the ex-V6er lol

Thanks
    I think we will see quite a few ex-V6ers in the months to come; the price of gas really has been too much. It just doesn't make sense to have anything bigger than a 1.6L 4 cylinder in a daily commuter car, and the Micra's engine has been so smooth, I don't miss that V6 at all.

EDIT: Just finished my first tank of gas:

http://mymicra.com/?p=380
    Last edited by AlphaMicra; 06-04-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks
    Today, my Micra turned evil...

When that happened, this song suddenly started playing:

Thanks
    Micra passed the 1,000km milestone on our visit to Pontypool: http://mymicra.com/?p=391