Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my simple Micra review (SR manual)

Thanks

my simple Micra review (SR manual)

Let me just say that I've red a lot of reviews online and also watched the video reviews as well so I can relate.
    English isn't my first language so pls be gentle haha.

Engine / Performance / Other
    It's a zippy and agile little car. I have no problems whatsoever to get on the highway or do an overtaking. I haven't encountered the crosswind thing problem. Maybe it wasn't windy enough.
    As for the engine, I have to agree with what I've red online. The engine is noisy, especially at higher revs. It doesn't bother me that much tho but worthy of mentioning. The handling is very good.

Manual transmission was easy to get used to, very precise and light feel.

I will have to agree with MetroMPG, breaking modulation surprised me at first. It is as it was over assisted if I can say it hat way. Now with about two days of driving, it's alot easier to handle, now that I'm used to it. This car have really good breaking power even if its disc/drums combo. I have to press gently on the break lol.

Overall built quality / Interior / Exterior
    For a budget car, I honestly think it is really well built and not cheap at all. The car feels solid. No cracking noises at all. But then again, it's a brand new car.

As opposed to the majority of the online reviewers, I like the interior. Everything is where it should be. I know they used cheap plastic everywhere inside but they did a good job with what they had. People disliked the almost all black interior but I find it sexy and classy. I also like the seats, they have good support and very comfortable in my humble opinion. Lost of head room.

Not much of them are on the road right now (where I live at least) so the head turning factor is quite high right now and I love it hehehe. As for how the car looks, I just love it. It's a sexy little car. And my female co-workers love it as much if not more.

Gaz / Mileage
    Averaging 7.2-6.9l per km with way more city than highway but I need more testing. I really do think that the fuel consumption is better than the official numbers.

So far, I'm enjoying my car greatly.

Last edited by MicraQc; 05-30-2014 at 10:23 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MicraQc For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (06-01-2014),caspiansea (06-23-2014),Daox (06-02-2014),en3rg1e (05-30-2014),MetroMPG (05-31-2014)

Thanks
    Even because it new, hard plastics stay hard, my 03 sentras interior is the same grade...ive had it for 7 years and its the same as it was since i picked it up.

Thanks
    Good review - merci, MicraQC!

I will have to agree with MetroMPG, breaking modulation surprised me at first.
    I'm sure you would get used to it. But it did feel quite different from any other car I've tried before when braking moderately hard (though it is the first car I've tried with the Brake Assist feature).

I really do think that the fuel consumption is better than the official numbers.
    Definitey true. Also, with more kilometers on the car, it will get a bit better as it "breaks in" (and you will get more used to driving it to get good results).

English isn't my first language so pls be gentle haha.
    C'etait bien ecrit! Better than some English-as-first-language people that I know. Better than I could write in French!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I almost forgot to ask: what car did you have before the Micra?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I had lots of old cars. Hyundai Elantra 97, Hyundai Accent 98, Accent 2000 but the one I had just before was an Chevy Aveo 5 2004.
    It was a decent car but began to be a money pit. It served me well but the Micra made me "the move" so to speak hehe

Thanks
    Show us more pics! More pics!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MicraQc View Post
    Chevy Aveo 5 2004.
    It was a decent car but began to be a money pit. It served me well but the Micra made me "the move" so to speak hehe
    Those probably have higher than average repair frequency when they get to that age. Did you ever visit AveoForum.com for information?

Thanks
    Not really. I dont really hang out in forums. I just happened to stumble on here while looking for Micra infos.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for the review.

Having owned an Aveo I can pretty much guarantee that this will be a more reliable vehicle.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by en3rg1e View Post
    Show us more pics! More pics!
    Here's one with some filter, because why not? lol
    and also my avatar from now on lol
    Name:  20140602_185410_HDR~2.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  96.2 KB

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MicraQc For This Useful Post:

caspiansea (06-23-2014),MetroMPG (06-02-2014)