Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some Random Stuff (observations about my base Micra S)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    I usually use the DTE as my driving environment changes rapidly. One tank might be 90% city 10% highway. The next may be the complete opposite. Some might be a 50/50 mix. Im still on my delivery tank of gas right now so time will tell.
    In your case, a dozen tanks of gas would provide you with enough points of data where you could derive the average, median, and range that are useful in personal budget planning.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Its a micra. I drive to gas station. Put gas in. Its less then the minivan I had before. I am happy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'm still at half tank...I got the car on Tuesday and drove about 300kms...I forget what a gas station is lol! In my sentra it was 60$ a week...here it looks like 45$ every 2 weeks...pa ra pa pa paaaa! I lovin it!

Thanks
    341km, I just put $30.77 in it... At 138.6... Thats from half a tank.. Compared to the caravan I have my car is getting better milage in the city then what my van does on the highway... Screw McDonalds.. Im lovin it too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    ...Lane change signal: This really bugs me... Three automatic flashes every time. Nonchalant one flash lane changes are impossible in the Micra. WTF?...
    Protip time:

It is not impossible to do a nonchalant one flash lane change; but it requires some skill...

I was dicking around in the drive-thru this morning when I realized the signal only flashed twice for some reason.
    Some investigation turned up this (sweet) nugget: if you hold the signal in the lane change position (not past the click), juuuust until the end of the first pause between flashes then release, it will stop flashing.

Basically any time after the first pause, ie mid-second flash, you can let go and it will turn off. If you time it perfectly, you can get it just before the second flash starts.

I think this is badass and should be our forum secret handshake if we see other Micrae on the road, but I am a huge geek.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.2 mpg (Imp) ... 15.3 km/L ... 36.0 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nichol For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-24-2015)

Thanks
    Forum secret handshake should be the "Ace Ventura"

Name:  266.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  20.4 KB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nichol View Post
    Protip time:

It is not impossible to do a nonchalant one flash lane change; but it requires some skill...

I was dicking around in the drive-thru this morning when I realized the signal only flashed twice for some reason.
    Some investigation turned up this (sweet) nugget: if you hold the signal in the lane change position (not past the click), juuuust until the end of the first pause between flashes then release, it will stop flashing.

Basically any time after the first pause, ie mid-second flash, you can let go and it will turn off. If you time it perfectly, you can get it just before the second flash starts.

I think this is badass and should be our forum secret handshake if we see other Micrae on the road, but I am a huge geek.
    You're as nuts as I am LOL! I tried for, hell, I don't know how long... to come up with a solution to this completely stupid (and potentially dangerous actually) problem no luck. Will be trying again shortly with this new info.
    Thanks!
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Give me the potentially dangerous automatic-3-blink scenario.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Give me the potentially dangerous automatic-3-blink scenario.
    400 hwy's, where there are 3 or more lanes without dividers.

When traffic is moving fast and everyone is jockying for lanes...the 1 flash tells others that you only want one lane. Another guy changing lanes towards you, knows you are only coming over that one lane. If he sees more flashes he might have to re think his position. Everything is happening quite fast, even at acceptable speeds and not many realize it...that is why small things like this can lead to crashes.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    1 flash tells others that you only want one lane
    Really! I have never heard that before.

I thought the scenario was going to be: Hit blinker... "NO WAIT! I CHANGE MY MIND! OH I WISH I COULD STOP ALL THAT BLINKING!" And then someone pulls out in front of you, trusting your "look at all my blinks!" Hilarity ensues.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...