Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unable to clear Airbag flashing light on dash, code 122

Thanks

unable to clear Airbag flashing light on dash, code 122

A couple months ago I installed a new head unit. I had to unplug the airbag indicator to remove the center console. I had it in and out a dozen times over a few days while I tried to figure out the steering wheel control unit. After I figured everything else out with unplugging and plugging in the air bag indicator successfully with no issues, I now have the airbag light flashing code 122. one long flash and 2 short flashes. Ive tried resetting it using the ignition on/off method a few times with no success and checked any connections that I may have disturbed while replacing the head unit. Anything else I should be checking for before I have it in to a mechanic?

Thanks
    https://www.justanswer.com/nissan/92...-flashing.html

"....figured out the steering wheel control unit"..........

pull all the connections you made?

dammm....

i wouldn't take it in just yet.....

disconnect battery for 5 minutes.....maybe its just confused.. (dat a loong shot)

groan......i plan on doing pretty much the same thing u did so if we cant solve your problrm im not going to do it.

you had to run a separate ground for the deck...right?

can you read these codes with a code reader?....my 97 prelude "flashes" at me but the codereader with a number was MUCH easier...yay ODDII ?
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 10-10-2019 at 10:56 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I tried the battery disconnect too. Doesn't work for airbag reset. I'm gonna try some more stuff over the weekend though and Ill update

Thanks
    So I pulled it all apart on the weekend and no go. Light still flashing. But I was thinking. I had the new stereo in and out a few times over a few days with no issues. It wasn't until I tried to hook up the PAC SWI steering wheel control unit that the light started flashing. I also has this in and out a few times trying to get it working. I had to splice into a 3 wires in the stereo harness to hook it up. Turns out I never could get it working anyways so I returned it, and I repaired the wiring. It was sometime around then that the airbag light started flashing and has ever since. I hadn't actually cut any wires, I only spliced into them, but not sure if i triggered something voltage wise or what, or just a pure coincidence.

Either way, the fact that I cant reset it makes me think there may be an actual issue somewhere. Given that I spliced into wires it wouldn't be anything that's covered under warranty, but warranties up anyways

And no. I didn't run any additional ground. Its wired into the original stereo ground through the wiring harness and adapters from Scosche

Thanks
    I don't know whether this works or not but you can give it a try. Let us know if it works so if any of the rest of us ever have a problem. https://itstillruns.com/reset-airbag...n-5060430.html

Step 1

Insert the key into the ignition and turn the key to ON.

Step 2

Notice that the light will stay on and then start blinking. After turning the key to ON, wait until the light turns to off, to start the blinking process, and then switch the key OFF and remove the key.

Step 3

Wait 5 seconds. Stick the key back in the ignition and repeat step 1.

Step 4

Wait 5 seconds and repeat step 1. This should be completed three times. The status light may have a different blinking pattern at this point. Simply follow the same simple steps. Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to ON. Wait until the light turns off to start the blinking process and quickly turn the key to OFF and remove the key. Do this process a total of 2 more times.

When you are complete, you should have inserted the key and removed it for a total of 6 times. Now turn the key and start the car. The status light should stay lit and finally turn off as it normally should. If the light begins to blink again, repeat the steps above.

Here's a video and he uses the same procedure but a couple less times of turning the key. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHB1EABK6r0
    Last edited by 2016 Versa; 10-15-2019 at 12:08 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Versa SV automatic: 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.3 mpg (Imp) ... 21.4 km/L ... 50.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Versa View Post
    I don't know whether this works or not but you can give it a try. Let us know if it works so if any of the rest of us ever have a problem. https://itstillruns.com/reset-airbag...n-5060430.html

Step 1

Insert the key into the ignition and turn the key to ON.

Step 2

Notice that the light will stay on and then start blinking. After turning the key to ON, wait until the light turns to off, to start the blinking process, and then switch the key OFF and remove the key.

Step 3

Wait 5 seconds. Stick the key back in the ignition and repeat step 1.

Step 4

Wait 5 seconds and repeat step 1. This should be completed three times. The status light may have a different blinking pattern at this point. Simply follow the same simple steps. Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to ON. Wait until the light turns off to start the blinking process and quickly turn the key to OFF and remove the key. Do this process a total of 2 more times.

When you are complete, you should have inserted the key and removed it for a total of 6 times. Now turn the key and start the car. The status light should stay lit and finally turn off as it normally should. If the light begins to blink again, repeat the steps above.

Here's a video and he uses the same procedure but a couple less times of turning the key. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHB1EABK6r0
    I've tried this several times with different scenarios. 5 times, 7 times, remove the keys, keep the keys in etc. None of them have changed anything

Thanks
    I have read a similar story (but another make), and the only solution was a dealer visit. Once the car thinks there's a problem with an airbag, they don't want owners to be able to say "nah, everything's fine" and reset it.

Did you by any chance power up via the ignition ON or ACC setting while the airbag wiring was disconnected? That was the cause of the fault code in the other person's case. He learned if he'd re-connected everything before powering up to test, it would have been fine.

Keep us posted!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I have read a similar story (but another make), and the only solution was a dealer visit. Once the car thinks there's a problem with an airbag, they don't want owners to be able to say "nah, everything's fine" and reset it.

Did you by any chance power up via the ignition ON or ACC setting while the airbag wiring was disconnected? That was the cause of the fault code in the other person's case. He learned if he'd re-connected everything before powering up to test, it would have been fine.

Keep us posted!
    Yes I did power up while airbag wiring was disconnected. I found that in another forum too. Which really sucks cause I had seen that in another forum somewhere while working on it originally but got sidetracked in trying to get things to work, unplugging and plugging in wires. But it is what it is and makes me think it's probably just a reset, but something that has to be done at the dealer. I'll try and get it in in the next few weeks and let you know.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-21-2019)

Thanks
    Thanks - let us know how it's resolved. It's bound to happen to someone else.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    powering up with the airbag lite disconnected i have heard is bad also. I would love to know the result, because for SURE your not going to be alone.

Did you have the side airbag sensitivity recall done?..if NOT it may be a good time to get it done

LOOK HERE
    https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Versa/2...00000012430606

one long flash and 2 short flashes suggests:

Air bag diagnosis sensor unit

Last edited by MrMicra2015; 10-23-2019 at 08:36 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!