Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micra Arrives in Edmonton

Thanks
    Is it normal for a dealership to require a deposit and a credit check before taking a vehicle for a test drive? The one dealer I talked to in Edmonton so far said you'd have to put a $500 refundable deposit down to take the Micra for a spin, and that they would limit the credit check to one bank, rather then shotgunning to multiple banks and affecting your credit score. Even if they run it only past one bank, getting that past my missus will be difficult; she's murder on privacy and convincing her to allow a credit check for a test drive will be like pulling teeth

Edit:

Ok, the Dine and Dash requires the 24 test drive, and the credit check is only required for the 24 hour test drive. You can take it for a drive with no deposit (though they'll photo copy your credit card in case you get a photo radar ticket, or in case you wander off with the vehicle and don't return), and they won't do a credit check if you're taking it out for an hour. I might be able to swing that with the missus

Last edited by Ustauk; 06-12-2014 at 06:33 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ustauk For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Before I read your edit, that's what I would have guessed. Paying you to take a 24h test drive is extremely generous, and they've got to cover their butts!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...