Thread: Fuel sending unit shuts the bed at 81k km

Fuel sending unit shuts the bed at 81k km

My fuel sending unit is crapping out.
    I started my car with a full tank and it started flashing at me like I’m empty.
    But I’m full like super full. I pull into shell, put 3.5ltr and it’s overflowing out the tube and down the side of the car.
    ROCkauto $650 +
    Nissan says, I’m outside the warranty period.

Given the history, I’m furious. But I still pumps just not read correct fuel level.
    I ****ing hope this engine ****ing grenades due to poor fueling and they try to blame me, given the fact that they told me it’s okay, it just won’t display correct level.

In any case. I’ll modify and make racecar with aftermarket **** before a even spend $700 or more with tax plus install
    On an OEM part that crapped out from factory under 100k km.

This cars my ***** now. No respect now. She’d better earn it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

MightyMicra (06-23-2018),Pete (06-23-2018)

Thanks
    That’s crazy, I can’t believe how many things are going wrong with the micra once it is out of warranty. Lucky mine will die when the oil pan dies for being way to low.

Thanks
    so it still says how many kms to empty ?...or no.?

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!