Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rawtek Catback liquidation.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Rawtek Catback liquidation.

****Starting with disclaimer- like all aftermarket products, this may not be road legal on your car, please check with your local authorities****

Hey everyone, we're doing some house cleaning and I have a few systems hanging around that I want gone. Were offering them at 415CAD plus shipping. You won't find a better deal for a comparable product anywhere.

As always, I'm available for questions at any time. Easiest is to email me rob@rawtekinc.com

Here's to enjoying the summer weather, if it ever comes!

Rob Noiseux
    Operations
    Rawtek Performance

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rawtek For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (04-20-2018)

I approve of this msg. That’s a great price point.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Rawtek (04-26-2018)

Thanks
    Mine was delivered in 2 days - at that price I had to give up on the custom one I was building. Should be installing this week, will have pictures / video to share (the engineer part of me spent a good hour inspecting how awesome the welds are, the fact that some of these are by hand blows my mind).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Azmodon For This Useful Post:

Rawtek (04-30-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmodon View Post
    Mine was delivered in 2 days - at that price I had to give up on the custom one I was building. Should be installing this week, will have pictures / video to share (the engineer part of me spent a good hour inspecting how awesome the welds are, the fact that some of these are by hand blows my mind).
    Thanks! Minus the seam weld along the muffler body, everything is done by hand! Happy to have been able to help you out. We shipped out a couple more yesterday. Still have about 5 or so left for anyone else interested!
    Rob Noiseux
    Operations
    Rawtek Performance

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rawtek For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (05-01-2018)

I’m glad that the members of this forum are feeling they are getting good value now, and that your inventory is moving. I wasn’t trying to be an ass, just standing up for my community. I put a lot of effort into providing information and potential mods.

So I hope there are no hard feelings, you adjusted you expectations and price and look, it’s working. We are not cheap, just frugal.

#Tengrandtincan!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Rawtek (05-01-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    I’m glad that the members of this forum are feeling they are getting good value now, and that your inventory is moving. I wasn’t trying to be an ass, just standing up for my community. I put a lot of effort into providing information and potential mods.

So I hope there are no hard feelings, you adjusted you expectations and price and look, it’s working. We are not cheap, just frugal.

#Tengrandtincan!!
    I still believe that these parts were a good value at the original price and I suspect that those who have taken the leap and invested in our system will agree. The way we work when designing an exhaust system is to build a quality product that we can be proud to sell and then we figure out how much we need to charge for it to stay in business. Most companies work the other way around by building the lowest cost system possible and then figuring out the maximum price that the market will support. Sadly, at the current price, we are not making any money and will not continue production of the street oriented system. We are liquidating our inventory and withdrawing from the retail market but will continue to produce parts for the Micra Cup series.

As to the "hard feelings"...in all honesty, there are some. Rather than welcome a new vendor to the community and ask polite questions in order to better judge the quality of our offering, a couple members here decided it would be easier to assume we are offering garbage and to make wild accusations about a lack of quality without ever having laid eyes, let alone hands, on the product. Furthermore, the 12 years we have invested in building a sterling reputation for quality and excellent customer service was either ignored or called into question.

Lastly, I don't believe that saying "No hard feelings" excuses the level of unjust hostility and rudeness that I've seen from a couple members here. I am an honest business man and my guys are excellent at what they do. We're not a faceless corporation intent on selling garbage to our fellow Canadians. It's unfortunate that we were not able to get that point across.

Best regards

Ricardo Galerio
    President
    Rawtek Performance Fabrication Inc.
    Rob Noiseux
    Operations
    Rawtek Performance

Not the reply I anticipated. From a customer point of view, you provide a one time, single sku product, specific to our vehicle.

That means “I” am the risk taker in this transaction.
    There is no means in which to recoup my loss if your product doesn’t stand up to your salespitch.

If I was a business I’d have done some market research.

Instead you obtained a contact in which you attempted to offset your costs to produce the “micra cup” exhaust by slinging an exhaust
    That is made in a similar fashion to the “real” micra cup exhaust.

I feel that if you are continuing your contract with MIA that you wouldn’t be clearing house at the beginning of the race season.
    Those part could be required after a crash.

I feel like your response say it all. You are washing your hand of this.
    And quiet frankly I don’t care.

At the end of the day I care about getting my ppl the best deal possible, I’m not worried about your business, that sounds like your problem.

If you approached us for consumer feedback prior to making what YOU wanted, this all could have been avoided.

The fact remains, you’re a business. In a market that has had huge draw backs lately, and that sucks. As a consumer I’ve felt that pinch to. So if I can’t get what I want for the price I’m WILLING to pay, “I” have to find another way.

Your approach was take it or leave it. And we all left it till now, when the cost of the space is now out weighing the potential profit your cutting your losses.

I could be wrong but it SEEMS to me that you bid so low for the contact just to win it that you shot yourself in the foot, and blame us for saying that cost is to high. Now during the season someone else will win next years contact. And there will be another company pitch ya the “micra cup” exhaust. Man it’s cutthroat out there.

As I sent to you in an email I would have found a way to release an OEM aftermarket replacement. Axle back. At a very affordable price.

And I would not have marketed it in the fashion you did.

I would have marketed a “Nissan micra axel back” with optional resonator delete.
    Then show that I also produce the micra cup car exhaust, which is why you have the correct dimensions and a jig.
    Let us come to the conclusion that is very similarly made from the pictures of a side by side half cut. So we can compare and make that determination ourselves.

Give us the facts and let it sell itself if it’s that good someone will buy it and review it and then the trust cycle is there.

Your approach IMHO was very different. It’s was micra cup exhaust !!! Street version blah blah blah. And then when asked for facts or proof you back pedalled explained what you really meant. That’s what I mean by misleading.

I have lots of people that PM d me thanking me and agreeing that something is “OFF” about it, about your approach and such.
    It took several exchanges to convince you to blatantly label your product as “use at own risk, may not be legal in your region”
    Which is basic aftermarket exhaust -101 stuff. I get it tho. It difficult to sell something will “possible illegal” literally written on it. But let us make that decision for ourselves with the facts extremely transparent and there’s no way anyone can say anything. Can they?

And if they do? Do you know what happens. The community jumps down that idiots throat and stands up for you.

I gave you my thumbs up, and tried to give you some closure and instead you responded like that? Sir I speak only for myself right now. But I want nothing to do with your services. Strictly from a service side. I’m not the one who’s been hassling you on your quality,merely tried to alter the pricing model and split into 2 parts.

Your customer service is awful. Hires an intern from college/university for all your companies media. Please. That’s honest feedback. Your a business you need to filter your responses better not act so butthurt.

Mods please correct the stats :

For future vendors:
    We are a community with international attention( #xxxmembers from international markets)
    Have a couple hundred members and thousands of viewers.
    We are the only micra forum in north America. So we get ALL the traffic. And we what to be your friend. But we’ve already got friends, and if your acting kinda sketchy, so we probably not gunna hang out much.
    You have 3 major markets to compete with. Japan/Mexico/Thailand. All producing aftermarket parts. While it is more time consuming we can an will source our parts else where, car communities always have.
    So please don’t think you can gouge us and we’ll pay it cause your the only local option.

Please ask us what is it that we want. We will give you more information then you want.
    We offer examples to help guide you, not belittle you.

I WANT to buy Canadian made stuff. Be a straight up no bull**** Canadian business who’s more polite then proud. #sorryeh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    1- Not the reply I anticipated. From a customer point of view, you provide a one time, single sku product, specific to our vehicle.

2- That means “I” am the risk taker in this transaction.
    There is no means in which to recoup my loss if your product doesn’t stand up to your salespitch.

3- If I was a business I’d have done some market research.

4- Instead you obtained a contact in which you attempted to offset your costs to produce the “micra cup” exhaust by slinging an exhaust
    5- That is made in a similar fashion to the “real” micra cup exhaust.

6- I feel that if you are continuing your contract with MIA that you wouldn’t be clearing house at the beginning of the race season.
    Those part could be required after a crash.

7- I feel like your response say it all. You are washing your hand of this.
    And quiet frankly I don’t care.

At the end of the day I care about getting my ppl the best deal possible, I’m not worried about your business, that sounds like your problem.

8- If you approached us for consumer feedback prior to making what YOU wanted, this all could have been avoided.

9- The fact remains, you’re a business. In a market that has had huge draw backs lately, and that sucks. As a consumer I’ve felt that pinch to. So if I can’t get what I want for the price I’m WILLING to pay, “I” have to find another way.

10- Your approach was take it or leave it. And we all left it till now, when the cost of the space is now out weighing the potential profit your cutting your losses.

11- I could be wrong but it SEEMS to me that you bid so low for the contact just to win it that you shot yourself in the foot, and blame us for saying that cost is to high. Now during the season someone else will win next years contact. And there will be another company pitch ya the “micra cup” exhaust. Man it’s cutthroat out there.
    My reply was factual and quite polite but here you are making assumptions and accusations again.

1- We are an exhaust system manufacturer. 1 vehicle = 1 SKU . We have many other SKUs for different exhaust systems.

2- Any time you buy anything, including exhaust systems from other companies, you are taking a risk. Such is life. We do our best to mitigate that risk for you by offering a no hassle return policy and lifetime warranty. Furthermore, had you expressed this concern politely, I would have gladly offered to refund 100% of the purchase price +shipping, if the product was deemed to be sub par. In fact, I remember offering free installation and dyno runs to anyone willing to come here in person.

3- We did do market research. We sell dozens of these kits to the Micra Cup series so the development of the product was well justified.

4- Again with the accusatory language...we are not "slinging" anything nor are we trying to recuperate losses from another contract. We break even selling to MIA, not that that is any of your concern. We have been doing business with the gentlemen from MIA for years and agreed to forgo our profit on the exhaust systems because it is a good promotional opportunity for our Cortek brand. that is a winning situation regardless of whether or not we sell street systems.

5- The "REAL" Micra cup exhaust is a racing piece that does not necessarily have the most pleasing sound for long highway drives or daily commuting. The ONLY thing we change is to fill the muffler with a material that is more suitable to street use and offers better sound absorption of the higher frequencies. We do this to offer a BETTER product for street use rather than race.

6- We're not "clearing house at the beginning of the race season". I was pretty clear that we are only discontinuing the street version of the exhaust system and that we will continue producing exhausts for MIA, as usual.

7- I'm not washing my hands of anything. If I was doing so, I wouldn't be here correcting your many assumptions. I'm simply saying that we don't make money selling the exhaust system at the liquidation price so we will be discontinuing the street oriented system. I would encourage anyone who wants the race version can buy through MIA, same as before.

8- We made what the Micra Cup series asked for, not whatever I wanted. It seems that the most offensive thing we did was to adapt that system for street use and then offer it to a community that has few readily available exhaust options. If the system is not to your liking then don't buy it...that's fine. I'm not here to push anything on anyone.

9- As I said, if our product is not what you're looking for, that's fine. The fact is that our offering was priced similarly or lower than other options and the quality/price ratio is quite good. You don't have to believe that but there is no need to jump all over our posts with sly remarks and negative assumptions to dissuade others from making their own decisions. It's commendable that you want to stand up for your community but WE'RE NOT ATTACKING IT. I don't know how to make that more clear.

10- Yes, we have a take it or leave it approach. It's a polite, no pressure approach. 'This is what we have available. If you're interested or have any questions, we're here to help'...that's the exact attitude we came to the forum with. It's not arrogant or pushy, it's low key. That's why the hostility is so confusing.

11- Yes, you could be wrong and you are. The Micra Cup exhaust is a marketing exercise and a mutually beneficial deal between Rawtek and MIA. As I've said we have known the gentlemen at MIA for years and I have no information that would lead me to believe they are looking for a different supplier. I don't know where you're getting these ideas but they are getting on my nerves. Though I'm sure that much is obvious.

Lastly, it's not really that "cutthroat out there"...just in here, lol. We get along very well with our clients and in fact, much of the competition. The world is a big place full of different people with different priorities. Your priorities seem to be budget and busting my balls so it's quite obvious that we'll not be doing business together. That's ok. All I've asked from the beginning is for the opportunity to inform interested parties about our company and product offerings without being badgered by those who are not interested.

A simple "I'm not looking to spend that much" or "I'd rather stick with a mainstream brand" or "I'm on the fence. What's your warranty/return policy"...etc. would all have been welcome responses to our introductory post and would have saved us all a lot of time and effort. Instead, we're called "rednecks", "slinging" crap parts on unsuspecting Micra owners. I hope you can understand how frustrating that is.

In the end, the Micra community is quite a small market spread out across a big country. This forum is the best place to reach out to that community so, if we can't get a fair shake here then there is no sense in pursuing it.

We have 4 or 5 street kits left.

Best regards

Ricardo Galerio
    President
    Rawtek Performance Fabrication Inc.

Rob Noiseux
    Operations
    Rawtek Performance

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rawtek For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (05-02-2018)