Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Estimating the Micra's fuel economy (before the official numbers were published)

Thanks
    I think we're safely in the ball park.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have been eyeing up the Cruze Eco m6, I see that it gets 7.2/4.6 - 2 cycle, 8.4/5.6 - 5 cycle estimate... very close numbers for a car that will be at least 600 lbs heavier than this one.

The Cruze 1.4 turbo peak torque is very close to highway speeds at 1850 rpm. I wonder if all of this would add up to big gains in realworld, plus I see that it has an extra 6L of fuel capacity. Which is important to me at 200km a day commute.

Thanks
    I've heard good things about the Cruze. However, if you're looking for inexpensive transportation, its not going to beat the Micra. You could buy one and a half Micras for the cost of a base Cruze (starts at 16k)!

Thanks
    It's unfortunate that the Cruze comes from the company that pioneered planned obsolescence and wants Mr. Goodwrench to be very wealthy. Besides, it's all about balance; I believe the Micra's performance and economy will be very well balanced; not the best of either, but pretty good at both. I'm also certain the aftermarket will provide us with things like a 5th gear swap modification for the manual transmission.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I actually think it's a safe bet that the Micra's fun-to-drive factor will be tops among its closest competitors, Chevy Spark & Mitsubishi Mirage. And also better than many other hatchbacks that are a bit bigger (Fit, Fiesta, Yaris, Mazda2). Just have to look at its power to weight ratio (near the top of its class), plus the suspension & steering tweaks the Canadian Micra is getting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The Micra will definitely be a lot more fun of a vehicle than the Spark or Mirage. Those two are the slowest of the bunch.

Thanks
    An Ottawa Nissan dealer is now showing the Micra's fuel economy figures on its own website for every trim -- the same numbers we posted at the top of this discussion.

They're also the same numbers we saw briefly on Nissan Canada's web site (which a Nissan rep said were "unofficial" when I asked for confirmation), and which they have since removed.

Thanks
    Well they better get a move on with these ratings. Theyre about ready to start selling them!

Thanks
    The Micra's fuel economy numbers have been "officially" published by Nissan.

See: 2015 Nissan Micra fuel economy / mileage / mpg (NRCAN, EPA)

They're the same as what was posted in the March 15 update, and very close to the original estimates.