Thread: Hi From Switzerland

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hi From Switzerland

Hi everyone,

Wife and I are third time Nissan owners. I had a Primera wagon that was great (until it finally wore out) and the wife had an early Micra that she loved but it wore out as well and we gave it to our cleaning lady when we moved (who still drives it, they never die).

Wife got an almost new Smart Forfour. What a POS. We went to the local Smart dealer to look into the Fortwo and saw a 2007 Micra in beautiful condition in their used car lot. We did a straight trade with a few goodies thrown in and she is now happy again.

One quick question though. The passenger seat back seems to be locked so it doesn't come forward to allow access to the rear seats (it's a 2 door) and I am d*mned if I can find out how to release it. The drivers side folds forward nicely but it would be nice to be able to let people into the back from the passenger side.

On another note, I have a 1974 MGB and am no stranger to wrenching around with cars but this one seems to have me beat.

Thanks
    Just to clarify, there was no owners manual with it when we got it and I have spent a good 4 hours today trying to get the answer off the web with no luck. Finally thought it was best to ask those who have been there, you people.

Thanks
    Guten Abend mein Freund/Bonjour cher ami

Your Micra is a K12 (third generation Micra) which most of us on the forum are not familiar with because on the Canadian market we had the first generation (K10) and the fourth (K13) only.

The answer your looking for is probably here : https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/sea...iliting.29392/

Et, bienvenue/Herzlich wilkommen!
    Last edited by Papapoil; 03-28-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Papapoil,

It gives me the answer, just not the "move the little lever" easy sort I wanted. Oh well, no car is perfect.

Je suis egalement un Quebecker (Dorval) but the Académie Francaise has issued a fatwah against me if I ever try to write in French so I'll stick with English.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lotus For This Useful Post:

Papapoil (03-28-2018)