Thread: Rotors (aftermarket?)

Thanks

Rotors (aftermarket?)

So as many know there isnt much choice for rotors for K13 Micra, Racing quality Dixcel are expensive in Japan, Nissan only make OEM (but make NISMO D1060-1HA00 S-tune Pads). Random German and EU brands on ebay.

Wondering what people have gone with?

Might just go over the top and get J hook's

Thanks
    There is a part number for the slotted rotors that the micra cup cars use that can be ordered from any stealership however the price verses the benefits may not be worth it.
    I don't have the part number with me on hand however i can get it if you are interested next month at the first race.
    Micra cup cars are also using the Hawk pads which are much better than the ones they used in season one.
    As usual there is probably something much better in Japan.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-21-2018),nephy (03-22-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks I didnt know that about the rotors for Nissan canada, prob be too late as my new toys came from Japan.

Name:  nismo.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  92.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I just ordered centric / stoptech pads and rotors off rock auto.
    $142.20 shipped

Partsouce and Nissan wanted $80 for pad and $85 for rotors plus tax ... over $200

I paid $22 for pads $27 for rotors plus $55 shipping due to weight

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I know it sounds funny and I can't believe i'm typing this but I really like the wagner OE spec pads at Canadian tire.
    I tried them on my Juke first and really liked them so I got some for my micra.
    They are around $50.00 and stop the car way better than the stock pads IMO.
    They Probably won't last nearly as long as the stock ones did but they really do work good.

Thanks
    Ahh finally a tread worth a reply.

I've been experimenting with various pads since winter 2016, all I can say is watch out mostly for construction and how the friction material is made/what it actually contains.

My winter pads are probably the best price / quality ratio I can get for what they do Wagner TQ's. Ultra quiet, with a built-in shim to improve on noise control.
    I am comparing them to a Chinese no brand name that was advertised to be "performance pads" DBC Canada cough cough**
    Name:  IMG_2935.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  93.1 KBName:  IMG_2929.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  90.6 KB
    I paid more for the Chinese models than the Wagner TQ's at the time because I wanted to see what the hype was about. My Verdict, made of mud and I had to file them down to slide-in without any rubbing..total garbage. Wagner TQ's A+

Now, since in the summer I run a completely different driving style (setup etc) I needed something that can perform more, Dixcel M-types. My first time running this brand and boy am I not disappointed, they have a really nice carbon ceramic blend with with the pictures you can see the design is quite different, an extra large shim, and amazing finish. Just to compare them to the Nismo S-tunes which I see have flanking paint, and don't even come with backing shim.
    Name:  IMG_2938.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  85.8 KBName:  IMG_2939.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  86.3 KB

Anyway, not cheap, but I didn't sell a liver to buy them. Point being, never cheap out on brake components, I learned the hard way.
    Here they are compared to the Wagner TQ's after winter 2017.
    Name:  IMG_2940.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  97.3 KB

Last edited by Nobuseri; 03-23-2018 at 08:12 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nobuseri For This Useful Post:

Pete (03-22-2018)