Thread: Air Filter Box Design/Changing the air filter

Thanks

Air Filter Box Design/Changing the air filter

Hi, it was time to change the air filter, so I undid the two latches in the front and lifted the top cover up. There doesn't seem to be any latches in the back. The cover only seems to lift in the front just enough to slide the old filter out and slide in the new filter. The rear of the cover doesn't lift up at all and it is a concern to me because if I am just sliding in the new filter from the front and latching the cover down, I don't think that I am pinching the seal of the filter between the top cover and the bottom housing at the back. Is this other people's experience or is there a way to release the back of the filter cover so that it is certain that the filter is all the way back and there is a proper seal.
    Thanks!

Ya it’s weird. There are 2 tabs at the back. They act as a hinge/fulcrum.
    I pull the top off after the filter is out. Place the new filter in then slip the tabs in the hole at the back and close the lid and the 2 front clips.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hi thanks for clarifying. I have it figured out now.