Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Odyssey PC680 battery - size vs. OEM

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Odyssey PC680 battery - size vs. OEM

    Hi all,

    I'm upgrading the OEM battery, to the Odyssey PC680, which is pretty slim at 3" to the OEM battery's 7". Will leaving such a gap be a problem ?

    I had downsized a motorcycle battery before and got a nice expander bracket to prevent the battery from shifting around, is that a worry with a small car battery in a big compartment (and has anyone come across a bracket like I describe for the Micra/Odyssey-PC680) ?

    Thanks

    2015 Micra SV.



  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by micranaut View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm upgrading the OEM battery, to the Odyssey PC680, which is pretty slim at 3" to the OEM battery's 7". Will leaving such a gap be a problem ?

    I had downsized a motorcycle battery before and got a nice expander bracket to prevent the battery from shifting around, is that a worry with a small car battery in a big compartment (and has anyone come across a bracket like I describe for the Micra/Odyssey-PC680) ?

    Thanks

    2015 Micra SV.
    First of all, great choice on battery. The pc680 is one of my favorited.

    So there is a metal jacket for those batteries but you could also relocate.
    Those batteries can go anywhere and are safe

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...


  3. #3
    Senior Member MrMicra2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts
    so long as its securely held it will be fine.....wood could be a good spacer if required. a picture of install would be greta, i might consider that when the time comes...doesnt seem overly expensive...

    is it the correct capacity?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options
    Feb 2015 build

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    First of all, great choice on battery. The pc680 is one of my favorited.

    So there is a metal jacket for those batteries but you could also relocate.
    Those batteries can go anywhere and are safe
    Thanks IMPUL. I came across it in one of your posts and yes, it does look sweet ! Not planning on relocating but it is a nice option for sure. Is this the metal jacket you're thinking of ? http://garage16.ca/password-jdm/pass.../i-544171.aspx

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    so long as its securely held it will be fine.....wood could be a good spacer if required. a picture of install would be greta, i might consider that when the time comes...doesnt seem overly expensive...

    is it the correct capacity?
    Thanks MrMicra, yep I was thinking wood might be option too. A friend just got a job where there is likely a lot of heat-resistent plastic scrap, that would've been the other choice. Pic forthcoming. Honestly I'm not sure if it has enough capacity, but I don't winter-drive, and don't run extra accessories, don't really need the reserve ... am willing to chance it.



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •