Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad News (for me)...Good News (for you...maybe)

Thanks

Sad News (for me)...Good News (for you...maybe)

***UPDATE: Everything has been sold***

Sadly I had to say goodbye to my 2015 Micra SR.

On my way back to Montreal from Ontario just after New Years I was involved in an accident on the highway. A woman who wasn't paying attention tried to change lanes and bumped the car beside her causing her to lose control and spin and come to a dead stop sideways right in front of me. I tried to swerve out of the way but ended up clipping her front fender. I should note the weather was really bad. Visibility was really low and the roads were incredibly slippery.

It took a while for me to post this because my insurance company had a lot of trouble getting all the information they needed from the Quebec police and the other party's insurance company. Then the adjuster in Quebec took his sweet ass time to look at the car. The computer software the adjuster used to fill out the paper work was not compatible witht he software my insurance company uses so it had to be converted over taking even more time. UGH!

NEVER GET INTO AN ACCIDENT IN QUEBEC WITH ONTARIO INSURANCE!

So here is what my poor Micra looked like after the accident.

Name:  WP_20180102_17_31_17_Pro.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  93.5 KB

Now to the good news!

I still have my SR wheels/tires and I will be putting them up for sale. They are currently being stored at my sister's place in Ontario. They are in great condition and were only used in the summer. There are no scratches or dents in the wheels and the tires still have plenty of life in them. I'll take some pics when I go back to Ontario to visit.

I also have my summer mats and the original owners manual if anyone is interested.

I think I still have the original HVAC knobs too.

I also have these miscellaneous Micra related items.

1/ Wiring harness and towing ball attachment for towing a trailer (Never used)
    2/ Can of Red Alert(?) spray paint (I used a little to paint my shark fin antenna) There's maybe 2/3 of a can left.
    3/ Touch up paint pen (Red Alert)

Some of you might be wondering what I'm driving now. It's not a Micra. I considered getting another one but after doing some research I found some better options, at least for me. I wanted to get a 2018 Hyundai Accent hatchback after seeing it and sitting in it at the Montreal Auto Show. Unfortunately they are not available in Canada yet. So I got the next best thing. It twin sister the 2018 Kia Rio 5 EX Sport.

Name:  WP_20180301_08_45_47_Pro.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  86.4 KB

So far after a few days of ownership I have to say I really like it. Even if it's an automatic. Manual transmission is only available on the lower trim levels.

Anyway, that's all. Sorry for the super long post. I'm not planning on leaving the forum just yet. I'll lurk around from time to time.

I'll let all of you know when I put up the "For Sale" ad for my Micra parts online.

Last edited by Pixelpusher; 04-18-2018 at 08:33 PM. Reason: All items sold

Thanks
    Oh no!

Nobody was hurt, I hope.

That's too bad about your Micra.

I have to say I also test drove a 2018 Kia Rio with a friend recently (mid-trim sedan), and was very surprised at how refined it felt. Another friend has a 2010 Rio, which reminds me of the Micra in terms of refinement. The new Rio feels like a class above. Hope you enjoy it!

I couldn't live with an automatic though. I would give up the extras to shift my own gears.

Feel free to post your leftover Micra items whenever. I'm sure someone here would like those wheels.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks Metro.
    Nope. No one was hurt.
    I hear you about the manual. I really wanted the Hyundai Accent but I couldn't wait for it. I needed a car right away and nothing else appealed to me. I still look for the clutch peddle from time to time. Hahaha.

Thanks
    My friend ended up getting an Accent, but got a leftover new 2017 because the price was better than the new 2018's.

She also originally planned to get a manual, but the 2017 auto was cheaper than the new manual, so she went for it.

Clutch -- I do that all the time! I used to have a 2007 Civic manual, and my parents currently have a 2009 Civic automatic. I rarely drive their car, but every time I get in, I press the GHOST CLUTCH.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Sad to hear. Glad your ok!

Seeing your car on Albani St, it was obvious someone cared for it.
    Hope you enjoy your new car. Looks sharp!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micra Guy View Post
    Sad to hear. Glad your ok!

Seeing your car on Albani St, it was obvious someone cared for it.
    Hope you enjoy your new car. Looks sharp!
    Thanks dude.

How are your Micras holding up? Need any 16" SR wheels?

Thanks
    We are both really liking and enjoying them.
    I would possibly be interested in your rear hatch valance or cover should you have that?

Thanks
    I’m looking for wheels but a little closer to home though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micra Guy View Post
    We are both really liking and enjoying them.
    I would possibly be interested in your rear hatch valance or cover should you have that?
    Sorry dude. The only things I was able to keep were the things I listed above.

Thanks
    Interested in your trailer hitch and wiring.
    Also the 2/3 car of red alert.
    Thanks.