Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 2018 Micras are here

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
    While I'd love to see the refresh here, the market isn't big enough, the U.S. already isn't getting it so it has to go through so much testing and regulation just to hit Canadian shores when the K13 is still selling really well.
    It will be interesting to see what happens with the Nissan/Renault/Mitsubishi merger. I have seen a few articles that suggest the K14 platform will be the basis for the A/B-segment cars from all 3 companies.

That would mean North American compliance for the K14 platform, if the plan is to use it to underpin the next gen Mirage (due to arrive in a year or 2). IF that happens, I imagine we would get the K14 Micra at the same time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens with the Nissan/Renault/Mitsubishi merger. I have seen a few articles that suggest the K14 platform will be the basis for the A/B-segment cars from all 3 companies.

That would mean North American compliance for the K14 platform, if the plan is to use it to underpin the next gen Mirage (due to arrive in a year or 2). IF that happens, I imagine we would get the K14 Micra at the same time.
    That would be amazing. Although, they went through the trouble of a K13 Canadian release and didn't add many Canadian-esque features..

I'd be plenty happy if they just offered a better transmission option and e-4wd OR e-Power to either the K13 or the Note.

In a perfect world we'd get an e-Power Micra/Note with e-4wd addon. I'd gladly compromise and switch to an automatic transmission for my daily if it meant a practical EV I didn't have to worry about charging constantly and switchable 4wd for winters up here (I'd gladly pay $1200 extra for e-4wd).

I know that's a bit of a pipe dream but the technology is there, it's proven and it's relatively cheap...

EDIT
    Example of a decent options as compared to offerings in Japan:
    1.5-1.6L + e4WD (CVT only)
    1.2L inline 3 e-Power CVT only (optional e4WD?? )
    Last edited by spacewolf; 04-19-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks
    The Note with e-Power is confirmed for the States. Not sure about Canada, though.

And no mention of e-awd.

Thread: Micra engine + Leaf drivetrain + Versa Note = new Nissan hybrid

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingBlackBear View Post
    I think they'd see a sales bump with the new design. It looks GREAT! But on the flip side, it means it will be well tested and have the kinks worked out before we see it. Plus, they will probably modify it for Canada like the K13 was. At least it means if you get one this year, you won't see it replaced before a 3 year lease is almost up.

Personally, I don't really want all that techno-driver-assist crap in my car. I think they're excuses for drivers to get lazy and stop paying attention. Of all of it, I think the emergency braking is at least useful. Blind spots literally don't exist in normal driving if you know how to adjust your mirrors (which most people don't). Meh. Keep it simple. Let drivers drive. God knows what those systems will cost to repair when they fail. But, to each their own.
    I disagree, I do NOT like the look of the new micra. LOVE the k13 design and will be very sad when mine bites the dust in 6 years or so. Unfortunately do not see myself purchasing the new k14 design in the future, just looks too much like the chevy sonic IMO.

Thanks
    If it's any consolation, rumour has it the Sonic is done for in North America in the next year or two anyway.

Thanks
    If it's any consolation, rumour has it the Sonic is done for in North America in the next year or two anyway.

That helps a little in making it a more unique head turning car again but I will miss the k13 design. Maybe the k14 will grow on my eventually when I actually see it driving around.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMicra17 View Post
    USB Connect through the SR version only. I wish they would have done it for 2018 SV
    I've complained about it for years (for my versa 2010 then for my micra sv 2016) but it is truly ridiculous there is no usb port in all Nissan vehicles. Toyota Echos had them in 2000, what is Nissan waiting for?!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carorules View Post
    I've complained about it for years (for my versa 2010 then for my micra sv 2016) but it is truly ridiculous there is no usb port in all Nissan vehicles. Toyota Echos had them in 2000, what is Nissan waiting for?!!
    They are selling it as long as there's $$ and enough sales numbers. The Micra will be gone when it doesn't bring in the money or does not align with their future model plans.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhite View Post
    They are selling it as long as there's $$ and enough sales numbers. The Micra will be gone when it doesn't bring in the money or does not align with their future model plans.
    Yuuuuup.

They already have the Kicks and Versa Note using the same powertrain. At this point the Micra is probably just a strain on the assembly line. Whenever the numbers drop or the Kicks starts selling more, they'll probably drop the Micra entirely. Although, sales in Mexico I'd bet are a contributing factor as well.

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks
    Interestingly: I don't see a rear view monitor on the dash. I thought all 2018 cars had to have them:

Thread: Back-up cameras mandatory on all new cars for 2018, says Transport Canada
    Wow, back in the day we use to do something called "shoulder check" when changing lanes and "turn your head to look behind" when backing up. We also drove much more longer cars with massive trunks and even less rearward visibility than most trucks on the road today...are people just not checking & backing up slowly anymore?

Nice!