Thread: Latin NCAP demonstrates the consequences of lack of safety standards in the region: N

Thanks

Latin NCAP demonstrates the consequences of lack of safety standards in the region: N

Safety

Latin NCAP demonstrates the consequences of lack of safety standards in the region: Nissan March and Versa lose stars after audit test

https://www.latinncap.com/en/media-a...ter-audit-test

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The results of the audit tests show both models performing worse than in the original tests done in 2015
    That's odd.

The main difference is apparently the country of manufacture: the 2015 cars tested were made in Brazil; the latest test was done on cars made in Mexico.

Yet...

Nissan assured Latin NCAP that the versions of these models manufactured in Mexico are the same to the ones manufactured in Brazil.
    So why the difference?

The main differences were found in the restrain systems and in the structure as both structures were rated as unstable and the ones tested in 2015 were rated as stable.
    Different metal grade? Different number of welds?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The MOST IMPORTANT safety feature is the person behind the wheel! Put cellphones in your pocket...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    ^ x2!

This weekend, my sister was on a 2 lane road, 80 km/h zone, and an oncoming driver drifted half into her lane, while looking down in his lap. She had no shoulder to ecape to so hit the brakes and layed on the horn and he looked up at the last minute. She figured he was probably on his phone.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your sister having to go through that experience. Most drivers don't take the responsibility of driving seriously!

And to think I bought this so it would be safer for my son

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...