Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Side mirror shakes (replaced both sides under warranty)

Thanks

Side mirror shakes (replaced both sides under warranty)

I've had my driver side replaced twice already and my passenger side replaced once. The driver side mirror shakes around again and only when it warm outside. It shakes/loose at the swivel point.

Anyone else gets this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    no..i have to readjust every now and again after washing the car, but i havent noticed this and i DO use the mirrors!!

odd?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I have had my driver side one replaced under warranty too. It started to shake again after about four months. It's not as bad as it was the first time though. You couldn't use it if the car was moving it vibrated so bad. Passenger side mirror is rock solid since day one, never needed to be changed. Drivers side shakes anytime it is driven; it doesn't have to be cold or not.

Thanks
    Happened to me! I was told it wasn't a problem and wouldn't be covered under warranty if I wanted it fixed. Was PO'd to say the least.

Thanks
    my driver side mirror is a little shaky when its windy and when i go over bumpy roads, but i figure that's mexican quality, i checked and the swivel points are a little loose compared to my other car's mirrors

Thanks
    Just wondered, do you ever fold your mirrors in manually?
    If so maybe it makes the condition worse over time.
    Whenever I fold in my driver's side mirror it sounds like a really flimsy spring inside is getting stretched, like something that came from
    a ballpoint pen.

Thanks
    so i took my car to get the loose mirror checked out and they replaced it under warranty, but make sure you take a picture of your mirror (or any warranty repair for that matter) before it gets any work done, because my dealer appearantly doesn't know how to remove the mirror cover and they scratched it up pretty good, then they didn't want to fix the damage they did, so i got a nice new mirror base with no vibrations anymore, but a scratched up mirror cover, which i had to deal with the Fixed Operations Manager to get the mirror cover replaced, what a headache
    Instagram: @epicbabybee

Thanks
    step 1) install poly exhaust hangers
    step 2) attribute all strange creaking noises, vibrating mirrors, vibrating shift knob to said hangers

:P

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Azmodon For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (11-28-2018)

Thanks
    Mine are shaking so badly they're unusable Ajax nissan won't replace as "they cant find a problem" in their cold air conditioned bay even when I said its the heat making some adhesion soft. UGH.
    Micra Meets: Mosport '18

Car Girls FTW.

Interior mods only right now.

Thanks
    To temp fix this problem I find that turning them in or out a bit past the notch that they fall in for normal use is more stable and does not shake as they use to

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...