Thread: 2015 Micra: adding air conditioning?

Thanks

2015 Micra: adding air conditioning?

Hey all, I'm a new Micra owner. I purchased a 2015 S manual, base model. I got it for a steal (29,000km, $6,500). I adore it. I'm replacing a Toyota Echo that's been super trusty for me, and I'm hoping to get good longevity out of my little Micra! I drive a lot of long distances for my job and I think it's going to be great for me.

I'm wondering what the feasibility is for adding aftermarket air conditioning. Is this a terrible idea? Has anyone done it?

Thanks for your insight.

Thanks
    I don't know of anyone who's done it.

In the olden days it used to be something that the dealership could add after the sale, but I haven't heard of that in years.

When I test drove the base S Micra for a few weeks in the summer, I joked that this is how I installed air conditioning:

(From thread: Review notes: 2015 Micra S 5-speed extended test-drive - Darin's thoughts &nbsp

You may laugh, but it's much better than nothing.

I suppose you could scavenge all the required parts from a wrecked Micra (rear hit), but it'd be a big job.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...