Thread: My Micra rant (2 year ownership)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

My Micra rant (2 year ownership)

Hi folks, been a while since my last post.

After owning a Micra for 2 years, i must say that i m overall dissatisfied with it. The following is my rant as an owner, you may not share the same experience or opinion.

I have a 2015 SR, it's currently 20 months old with 24k KM.

3rd month, the passenger window becomes loose, and makes clinging sound: Repaired under warranty.
    6th month, driver seat belt buckle doesn't lock. Repaired under warranty
    8th month, the same window problem started on the driver side window. Repaired under warranty.
    10th month, passenger window becomes loose again, repaired under warranty.
    meanwhile, the hood always makes a tic tic sound, that has been ignored (dealership said they can't do anything about it)
    12th month, passenger door can't open, repaired under warranty (cable disconnected they say)
    18th month, button to open driver seat window doesn't work .(repaired under warranty)
    19th month, the cargo door can't open. repaired under warranty
    2 days later, the cargo door can't open again. repaired under warranty again.
    2 days later, cargo door windows popped as i was closing the driver door. (dealership says it's because as driver door closes, it pushes an air pressure that get pushed to the back, and the cargo door may pop.. )... well as a driver for almost 15 years, i have never heard of this... Not under warranty, but they repaired it for free.
    Name:  broken.jpg
Views: 2410
Size:  67.8 KB
    Today... which is 2 days after, the cargo door can't close...... making an appointment for tuesday...

I have to say that i go to the garage more than visiting a pharmacy...

I am no expert, just an owner review. Beside the above list of repairs, Micra advertised itself as fuel efficient, but it really isn't: Micra (8.7L/100 KM city)..
    Compared to Yaris (7.7L/100 KM city) which is bigger it uses about 12% more fuel.
    Compared to Mazda 2 (7.0L / 100 KM city) Mazda 3 (8.5L / 100 KM) which is similar size. about 25% more fuel.
    Compared to Versa (8.6 L / 100 LM city).... why does Micra use more fuel than Versa...
    Micra 's fuel usage is compared to a SUV... RVR (8.6 L / 100 KM)....

Now, don't give me the lecture that "you bought the cheapest car in Canada, what do you expect..."
    I still paid 18k $ for this, i have the right to complain and with 18k$ i am sure i can get a used car that is better quality... The Micra is simply cheaply built...

Planning to trade in my Micra after winter while it still worth something... I really regretted buying Micra.

peace.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to micra2080 For This Useful Post:

SuperTurbo (01-03-2018)