Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Block heater location on engine?

Thanks

Block heater location on engine?

Hello all,

New to the forum, I've got a 2017 SR that didn't come with a block heater and i was going to order the parts and install myself but was wondering if anyone knew where the block heater is installed on the block. I've found what i think is the spot on the thermostat housing under the air filter box, but if anyone could confirm i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum. My SR came with the factory block heater installed as standard equipment. I'll see if I can trace it back and try to get a picture of where it goes into the engine. It's kinda cramped under the hood. I will then post it here. I hope it is not too cold out tomorrow.

Thanks
    Sorry about the delay treeguy.

Here is a picture of the end going into the engine. The red plastic is the positive terminal cover on the battery so this angle is looking downward standing on the drivers side of the engine bay. It looks to be under the air filter box; top of picture. Not the best picture of it though since I couldn't get the camera in there. Hope it helps you out.

Name:  DSCF0671.jpg
Views: 3317
Size:  54.4 KB

Black fabric covered wire with silver heat fabric is the cable going into the engine.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilGeckos For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-04-2018),treeguy (01-04-2018)

Thanks
    you would need to drain the coolant and cause a potential leak point

use this instead if your worried.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/po...-0300004p.html
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

treeguy (01-04-2018)

Thanks
    That looks interesting MrMicra2015. Looks like a "stick on" block heater or oil pan heater. Probably way easier to install too.

Thanks
    he wont have to puck with his coolant, the block, or anything that could puck his warranty.

i have never personally had the stick on one,
    i have the 2015 block heater and use it every day.....EVERY day...lol
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Thanks LilGeckos and Mr Micra!

That's the area i was guessing it was supposed to go so that answers my question. I'll check out the oil pan heater next time i'm at Canadian Tire. Thanks again for the help

Thanks
    Mine sits close to the batter. I feed it out above my driver side head light. It works okay, as far as I know. I have only used it a few times this winter so far. Done to -25 or so. My car started fine. I just run a cord to the house and usually plug in when I am up in the morning and warm it up for a few hours before i head into the city. If it is much colder I just leave it plugged all night. Haven't had a problem yet.

Thanks
    I have to tell you I was in shock when I realized that the 2017 SR didn’t come with a block heater. What really was funny the dealer didn’t know either. With temperatures that go to -40 I can’t see how they can even not say anything. I wrote a letter but of course there was no reply. I get it some areas don’t get so cold but if an area does they should include a blockheater. What was I supposed to do walk on really cold days. No point just crabbing.

Thanks
    ^ Yes, when you think of all the Micras sold in 2015 on the east & west coast that came with block heaters as standard equipment. They'll probably never be used for the most part.

They could have held those ones back to install in the cold cities.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...