Thread: Bent Micra key.....*Puzzled face***

Thanks

Bent Micra key.....*Puzzled face***

Hey everyone.

When I left work today I noticed I couldn't get my key out of the ignition of my Micra. Once I got it out I had noticed that the key was slightly bent. My keys are only in my front coat pocket or my front pants pocket. I'm confused. The last time this happened when I owned a Toyota. Has this happened to anyone else?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    get yourself one of this, i really enjoyed it.

http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...ved!!-Key-Fob!

Thanks
    I phoned one of the Nissan Dealerships and they had quoted me $240.00(key and programming). I have been phoning locksmiths if they do chip keys and none of them seem to do it, I would think liability is the reason. I am going to phone around some more and see what I can find out.

I found the local Canadian Tire will cut chip keys. I am just wondering as long that it's cut the same as my spare(not bent one) I shouldn't have any issues starting the car and using it normally?
    Last edited by ABMicra17; 01-03-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks
    Were you able to straighten the key? As long as you don't repeatedly bend & straighten it, it should be OK.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Were you able to straighten the key? As long as you don't repeatedly bend & straighten it, it should be OK.
    I thought about it but if the key were to get stuck in the ignition and I couldn't get it out then I am going to have more problems then just bent key. For their fob/key at Canadian Tire it was 90 bucks. I am going to go down and check it out to be sure and make sure that it will still work with the car.

Thanks
    I found another Canadian Tire where I live that did chip keys. I'd rather just have the key now instead of waiting for it, the fob from China. It's not a big deal to me to have a fob to unlock the doors and the spare key to run the vehicle. It's only a spare so I am glad I have it now. Thanks for the help everyone!

Thanks

JUST BEND IT STRAIGHT...ive done this before, honestly it will be fine...your worried about fatigue?...and its steel??..honest, ive cut keys up to get the chips out...you could bend it staright maybe 15 times before id worry....use a vise and CAREFULLY check for burrs aftarwards...that WILL puck u up....your probably better off with the original key that some chinese canadian tire ripoff...your right to worry about taking some shortcut that will screw you later.....BUT YOUR NOT...your doing a good job and keeping oem!!!!

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!