Thread: Looking to Buy a Working Stock Micra Radio for $20 Within Durham Region

Thanks

Looking to Buy a Working Stock Micra Radio for $20 Within Durham Region

I've been having some major issues with my 2015 Nissan Micra SV Convenience Package radio (with the backup camera and USB options). Whenever it gets cold outside, the radio will not turn on. So I need to turn My Micra off and cycle the ignition between Accessory and Off until it finally turns on. When it does turn on, all of my presets get erased and all of my settings go back to default. Since the weather has gotten colder, this happens almost every time I start my vehicle, sometimes even several times, forcing me to cycle the engine on and off.

In an effort to pinpoint the issue, I'd like to try out another radio, possibly just the stock orange radio that comes in almost every Micra. That way, if the stock radio works, I'll know that my radio is garbage. If the stock radio has the same issue, then it's probably an electrical problem.

If anyone in the Durham Region has a spare head unit laying around after upgrading theirs to an aftermarket, I'd like to be able to pick one up for around $20 to throw in My Micra and further test this issue

Thanks
    Anyone possibly know the radio part number at least for the convenience package radio? I'd like to be able to change it. Dealership wouldn't do anything. Now it's either no radio when I'm going into work, or I need to shut off and restart my engine at some point to get it working

Thanks
    Are you close to any wreckers?

There are Micras in the junkyards now, and some members have had good luck getting inexpensive parts they want.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

My Micra (12-20-2017)

Thanks
    There are a few nearby here. I might stop by and see if they have any Micra's on the lot. I was thinking about upgrading to a Versa or Sentra streaming Bluetooth radio, but they use a different Bluetooth module. Might be able to pick up a radio and module for cheap if it's off a wrecked vehicle