Thread: having a LOT of trouble with getting quality wipers....or maybe it's just me?

Thanks

having a LOT of trouble with getting quality wipers....or maybe it's just me?

So my OEM wipers that came with the car were all fine and good. after they wore out, i bought rain x wipers and found them to leave me streaks (on the left wiper) & skipping (on the smaller, right wiper). so i bought a different brand, but same thing happened: the left gives me streaks; the right gives me skipping (and boy, is the skipping LOUD). and yes, i did follow the correct size as listed in the manual: 24, 14 inches.

so what gives? is it the brand that's bad? or am i missing something?

EDIT: and fwiw, i did try multiple times using the wiper fluid to 'smoothen' it up. no dice.
    and (as we expect) the heavier the rain, the less skipping there is. but the streaks still continue.

Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

PIAA

Quote Originally Posted by micrapolis View Post
    So my OEM wipers that came with the car were all fine and good. after they wore out, i bought rain x wipers and found them to leave me streaks (on the left wiper) & skipping (on the smaller, right wiper). so i bought a different brand, but same thing happened: the left gives me streaks; the right gives me skipping (and boy, is the skipping LOUD). and yes, i did follow the correct size as listed in the manual: 24, 14 inches.

so what gives? is it the brand that's bad? or am i missing something?

EDIT: and fwiw, i did try multiple times using the wiper fluid to 'smoothen' it up. no dice.
    and (as we expect) the heavier the rain, the less skipping there is. but the streaks still continue.
    Lordco has PIAA wipers that are made of silicone had them on my micra and they work really well, tad expensive but last three times as long as normal wipers

Thanks
    Try cleaning your windshield. It may look clean but there is probably a thin film of dirt, minerals from the water, and residue from the old blades on it I use BarKeepersFriend with an abrasive sponge once or twice a year. It has no effect on the paint but I also make sure I rinse it well

Thanks
    I usually buy my wiper at Costco. The Michelin ones are pretty good quality for the price.

Thanks
    Costco blades as well.
    My oringinal blades sucked all along.

I’m using reflex I go thru a set a year

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    bosh whipper

Thanks
    I'm on my first set of bosch wipers after replacing the OEM wipers. they've been great for just over 2 years, but time to change them soon. In comparison, my girlfriend put the same wipers on her Versa and they've been terrible since day one.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    What about the rear wiper?
    Has anyone found a good replacement for the rear wiper?
    The OEM one is junk.